GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by McSkripps

1. M

Cheap Impact Gun

I have a Bauer corded impact wrench from HF that hasn't let me down yet. Note, I only use it to REMOVE lugs and NEVER to put on. Unless you have a finely calibrated impact gun, it's far too easy to over tighten and weaken/snap your lugs off in the rotor. I remove with the gun and put them back...
  2. M

HELP: Can’t get VCDS to communicate with MIB 2 5f module after retrofit

So I just finished installing the MIB2 retrofit kit from EuroZone Tuning and everything works great with the exception of my backup camera. I thought to myself, “no worries, I’ll go into VCDS and check the coding”. Well, I can communicate with every other module except for the new 5f module...
  3. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

That blows, imthanick_a. Hopefully you get it sorted out. On a lighter note, I installed my new shift knob from BFI this afternoon.
  4. M

FS: Helix Headlights

I've got a set of Helix Headlights with the red stripe available for sale. **FULL DISCLOSURE** The passenger side seemed to have a weird beam issue but it might have been how I put the bulb in there. I didn't really troubleshoot it prior to removing the fixtures. $250 OBO shipped to...
  5. M

FS: USP Catted DP for GTI 450 OBO

SALE PULLED! I ended up keeping the DP.
  6. M

FS: Stock GTI Exhaust

I just recently upgraded my turbo back to a USP Downpipe and Unitronic Catback and am looking to free up some space in my garage. I've got the complete stock exhaust from my 2015 4 door GTI. Willing to separate the downpipe from catback if I have to. They've got about 17k miles on them so I...
  7. M

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I did this yesterday, but I installed a catted downpipe from USP Motorsports and the CTS Turbo Muffler Delete. Love the way the exhaust is still tame at idle and cruising speeds but really rips when I put the foot down. Can't wait to hear how it'll sound once I add a catback. Also, I went with...
  8. M

Ed's Replicas VS. BFI LP Lights

Hey guys, I've got a non-LP GTI and want to get a set of the replica lights. I was thinking about getting the ECS debadged grille to go along with it, but was wondering if anyone has used Ed's lights or the Black Forest Industries lights with the grille from ECS. Grille can be found here...
  9. M

Open VS. Closed Element Intakes

Hey guys, Right now I'm looking at picking up a new intake for my mk7 GTI. I'm on the fence between the Injen, USP, VWR, and APR intakes. The Injen and VWR (Cup Series) are both open element filters, and the USP and APR are both closed element. I've read materials from all of the manufacturers...
  10. M

Aftermarket Radios

Has anyone installed an aftermarket receiver in their car? If so, does it wipe out the functionality of the display in between the gauges? I'm looking at the new units from Pioneer and Alpine being that they support Apple CarPlay, but don't want to sacrifice seeing my driving data because of...