GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by JS12

1. J

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I live in Texas. I had to pull up my original email to them. These were the 3 that were "not ready": Fuel system Catalyst O2 It sounds like what I recall from having Stage 1 for a time with my MK6, so it's good to hear that the COBB/EQT tunes shouldn't require 2x annual reflashes. Now as to...
  2. J

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I thought so too until failing the inspection check, emailing IE and receiving confirmation from them that their tune requires flashing to stock to pass emissions testing.
  3. J

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I've been out of the loop for a while and was excited to see that EQT has DQ381 and E30 tunes now available for my 2018 R. I have a couple of "grass is greener" questions that I haven't found in my limited skimming of this thread: 1. How does the Stage 1 tune affect emissions readiness? I was...
  4. J

Sold: VAS6427 Visor Pliers

Sold
  5. J

FS: WCT Gas Pedal Spacer

Sold: WCT Gas Pedal Spacer Sold Recently purchased and decided not to use for daily driving in my DSG R, though I think this would be great for a manual car on the track. Full disclosure, I don't know if the spacer was the cause but I did get a warning message on the digital display once in...
  6. J

FS: JB4 w/Bluetooth & Billet Enclosure

SOLD: JB4 w/Bluetooth & Billet Enclosure Selling my JB4. Purchased from a member in this forum last August and am ready to throw caution to the wind with regards to warranty on ECU/TCU tunes. This is on the latest firmware and has been flawless on my 18 R. SOLD
  7. J

FS/Free DFW: Pre-cabin filter

With my lack of reading comprehension, I accidentally purchased 5 of the pre-cabin filter housings as seen here: https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16907 I wanted one plastic housing and 10 filters, but ended up with 5 housings and 10 filters. Since it's not economical for me to...
  8. J

Sold: VAS6427 Visor Pliers

I have a tendency to buy things that I don't end up using and these fancy pliers are one such purchase: https://vw.snapon.com/SpecialToolsDetail.aspx?itemid=37260115 Purchased to take out visors for the airbag warning removal before risking it with acetone in the car which worked well enough...
  9. J

Dealer installed GPS module?

I was debating on writing a novella about how I came across this but I don't have the energy. Can anyone confirm that this pass-thru device on my OBDII port preventing OBDEleven from working on my new R is some sort of dealer installed tracking device like Lojack? I already ripped it out and...
  10. J

Out with the old...

And in with the new! Long time lurker and new R owner here jumping to the other side from a Stage 2 MK6 GTI. I was hesitant to make the jump now given some potential transmission concerns with the 7 speed DSG and uncertainty of what the MK8 will bring. But my 5 year old daughter told me I had...
  11. J

Rear Subframe Bushing (G35)

I had a '04 G35 that I took in for some maintenance and the mechanic found that some bushings were completely disintegrated. I want to say it was the lower control arms but I really can't remember. They weren't cheap to replace but I remember thinking I should do it because the old ones didn't...
  12. J

What was your last car?

2012 Audi S4. Absolutely no regrets! :)