GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by jonmk7

1. J

Buying an engine from an audi

Hi. I'm struggling to find a replacement engine for my mk 7, 1.4 tsi, cxsa. I was just wondering about purchasing an engine from an audi A3 Tfsi, S Line E5 which is also cxsa. Would the base engine be compatible, without any coding? Still don't really understand the difference between tfsi and...
  2. J

Mk 7 manual trans flywheel OEM part number

Hi guys I have a 2013, 6 speed manual, Golf mk7 1.4 tsi, 90kw, 2013 CXSA. Can anyone tell me the OEM part number for the flywheel, really finding it confusing. Vin: WVWZZZAUZEW009773 Cheers Jon
  3. J

Compatible engine swaps

Many thanks for the information. So as long as I stay with a like for like swap, I won't have to recode the ECU?
  4. J

Compatible engine swaps

Hey, So I'm currently looking at swapping out my engine as it has major oil consumption issues. Finding it hard to find a like for like replacement for my TSI 1.4 CXSA. Just wondering if there were any other compatible engines I should look at that would work with my existing ECU. Am I right in...
  5. J

Compatible engines for a TSI 1.4 CXA

We've had this issue since I brought it two and half years ago. It does smell a little, definitely burning it and never seen an oil leak
  6. J

Not yet, although I'll certainly do one before I buy another engine. Just feel it's really the only possible explanation although there doesn't seem to be excessive smoke coming from the exhaust, maybe a bit when accelerating.
  7. J

My Golf MK7 has a significant oil consumption issue, somewhere around 1L/150 miles. After checking the PCV system and turbo, I’m now pretty sure its the pistons. As this is our daily driver I’m thinking the quickest and cheapest solution is the buy a second hand engine, make sure its in good...
  8. J

Massive oil consumption

I thought it would be a fairly straightforward job but the cams are all integrated so I'd need to take the cam belt off to replace the gasket. Why is it just in cylinder 1? Do you think the two issue are related, surely not that much oil wouldn't be able to get down into the cylinder?
  9. J

Massive oil consumption

The coolant looks clear tbh. It's such a significant amount of oil that I'm pretty sure its either a piston rings or the turbo. I did notice that the breather pipe had a hole in it so will replace that but can't believe that will have any effect.
  10. J

Massive oil consumption

Our golf mk7 tsi 1.4 is currently consuming approximately 1L of oil every hundred miles. The car does seem to have a fair bit of white smoke and some blue when under load but nothing too bad and it sailed through the MOT emissions test and there are no obvious leaks that i've noticed. I figured...
  11. J

Multiple Errors - including airbag, autohold and ACC

It's certainly not something i've done. We've had the car for over 2 years and had no real trouble and the issue just popped up one day in the middle of a long drive. Could I ask why you think it could be a battery installed backwards? Is there any possible solution that I might be able to try...
  12. J

Multiple Errors - including airbag, autohold and ACC

Hi guys, My mk7 has recently developed a load of issues and our local garage aren't able to help and the main dealership they referred me to can't look at it until next month. I'm obviously worried about the airbag. I've tried replacing the battery but it hasn't fixed the issues. Any...
  13. J

Multiple fault codes including Airbag/Autohold/ACC

Hi guys, I'm not really a technical guy but our local garage aren't able to help and the main dealership they referred me to can't look at it until next month. I'm obviously worried about the airbag. I did find someone with a similar situation on another post, however in their case it was the...