GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by joedubs

1. J

FS: Built engine 2015 A3

Shared album link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tnBoKsRQBqaqeqGw6 I'm listing my 2015 A3 Premium with nav. The car currently shows just over 106k miles but will continue to go up [slowly]. The built motor was installed at 102,626 miles. The donor engine came out of a 2019 Arteon (DLR engine...
  2. J

Open source tuning solution

I think your best bet for getting an add is just spamming @ZuMBLe DMs.
  3. J

*SOLD* DBV2 V2 for sale $500 plus S/H

Fwiw, the exhaust housing is not an easy fix. You can't just buy another housing. The dbv2 wheels are bigger and the housing would need to be bored out to accommodate. Glws, you'll need it. I had my tbb v1 posted for months and got ONE offer. I ended up putting it on my daily just to get it...
  4. J

Golf 1.8T General Consensus on 09G transmission

Careful with that. The GTI doesn't just have more power. The brakes are better (not just pads and rotors), the suspension is better (not just springs), the engine is better (not just 2L vs 1.8L), the transmission is better, the interior is better... A 240hp Golf is not a GTI. The multi-car...
  5. J

Golf 1.8T General Consensus on 09G transmission

Having gone the opposite way (big hybrid, smaller hybrid, and now on an is38) I can say that for me, there's no way I would be happy with the is20 on the 1.8. As it is, the is38 sacrifices a lot up top (knowing what a hybrid was "reliably" capable of). That said, I do my own work and tuning so...
  6. J

GDT and R estates - Bumpers

Well I suppose it's possible they'd line up But the 7 bumper has reflectors in it, and the 7R valance has reflectors in it. So if it did work you would end up with two sets of reflectors and it would look ridiculous. Likely because the 7R uses an actual side skirt and the 7.5R uses the GTI...
  7. J

But when you say R side skirts, you need to specify since the facelift R has the funny little GTI blade skirts but the pre facelift has actual skirts. 😉
  8. J

PERSONALLY, I'd rather keep them the same front to rear. I'd hate myself if I put a 7.5/R rear on my 7. I also did my R parts before the facelift existed in the states. So I'm partial to it.
  9. J

The 7R and standard 7 use entirely different bumpers. The 7R rear valance will not work on the standard 7 rear bumper. The 7.5R and standard 7 use the same bumper with different valances. The 7.5R valance will work on the standard 7.5 bumper.
  10. J

Recaro Sporster CS install mk7 gti

Probably half true. @Navi and @vw671 I think were two others that used the 3.3ohms. Did either of you ever have issues? I have no interest in pulling my seats back out to switch to different resistors. I'll need to see what VCDS reads out, maybe my resistors are out of spec enough to be fine.
  11. J

No issues with the 3.3's in my car. @El_bigote_AJ did you ever solder plugs? The last picture I saw of yours were just some resistors jammed into the wiring harness. That's a pretty good reason for intermittent faults. @crxgator throw a meter on the ones you have and see what they read as.
  12. J

Those look much better than the planted technology brackets. And I guess THATS what those big white Recaro stickers that came with the seats are for 🤣.
  13. J

Fs: DBV2 V1 TBB ported + coated, and CTS intake

Selling my DBV2 V1 TBB with a ported and coated housing along with my CTS open intake (with SAI). The turbo has around 6000 miles on it, as does the intake. I've had it for almost 2 years, but the car doesn't get driven much. I have had zero issues with the turbo running ~28psi for the last...
  14. J

No way. My hardware looked nothing like that. And those scratches are suspect.
  15. J

Open source tuning solution

The example one would be S50, and @razor1199 that will only work provided you've patched your software with a compatible logging patch. Best bet would be to join that discord group for self tuning help.