GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by jibbajoe

1. J

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

i got mine in a day earlier this week. stage 1 tune, not a custom tune.
  2. J

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

There were some partial logs that really highlighted the issue: https://datazap.me/u/jibbajoe0129/issue-logs-2?log=0&data=4-7-13-18-19-20-21 These were some very typical logs i tihnk on my 3rd revision: https://datazap.me/u/jibbajoe0129/issue-logs-1?log=1&data=4-7-13-18-19-20-21 here are some...
  3. J

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

just got my EQT stage 1 93octane tune...to replace my Stratified stage 1 tune. holy crap this is so much better. i had 4 revisions done on my stratified tune and was still getting a bunch of knock. they said i just had a "noisy" engine and ended up pulling some power to avoid knock. first 2 logs...
  4. J

Stratified Automotive Custom Etune

Ok i got my 4th revision and did some logging. its definitely an improvement and i'm not seeing anything worse than -3° of knock retard which is at least nice to verify its unlikely a false knock situation. Tuner did note they had to pull some performance out of the tune though in the mid to...
  5. J

Gapped to .026", double checked them all while i had them out. and im not sure how many miles, less than 1000 for sure. these are my new RS7 plugs
  6. J

i pulled all 4 plugs and took photos. i'm pretty sure this peppering look is the result of knock
  7. J

the issue goes away completely on the stock tune and when i had my JB4 it was pretty clear that my adjustments directly affected how much knock i saw and could "tune" it out completely. my understanding is that if it was false knock you would NOT see it die off and it would remain even as the...
  8. J

Latest update. im now on rev3 of my stratified tune. latest revision was from the owner and he said he adjusted the fueling and timing approach for my car specifically. the issue remains. latest logs :https://datazap.me/u/jibbajoe0129/log-1588775331?log=1&data=4-7-18-19-20-21
  9. J

Stratified instructions say to start at 2000rpm in 3rd gear and go WOT
  10. J

I've looked into and replaced everything i could think of as a possible cause. its generally cyl 1 or cyl2. but i tried moving around plugs and coils, i've upgraded my spark plugs to a colder plug, i have brand new RS3 coil packs, i tried race fuel (made 0 difference). If i flash back to stock...
  11. J

this is what im concerned about...I've emailed the person who sent my refinement. this is all getting a bit frustrating. i've spent money on plugs, coils, race fuel, and a tune refinement, all for a tune that should have been healthy right out of the box, and im still seeing beyond acceptable...
  12. J

wouldnt that require paying for another refinement?
  13. J

alright so...been running the revision for a few days. they said they pulled a bit of timing out at tip in boost. i hit -6° again yesterday... is it just unrealistic to expect 0 knock retard (or always having reasonable levels of knock retard) ? can driving styles cause it to be worse at times...
  14. J

Hey thanks! appreciate it. so i've been doing a lot of things to troubleshoot this. i ran race fuel, i ran an injector cleaner, and finally i decided to just get new plugs and go 1 step colder than oem. nothing seemed to make any difference until i changed out the spark plugs (gapped them at...
  15. J

Air con is off yes. traction control i dont touch. if i set it to ESC - Off will that disable the s-tuned TC as well? Plugs and coils are brand new, RS3 coils. When i regapped the plugs there was no difference but i can try swapping plugs and coils at some point. I have fuel injector cleaner on...