GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by JamesK2

1. J

Whistling noise after JB4 install on 1.8T

Hey guys, Is it "normal" to hear a whistling noise under hard acceleration from the engine with JB4 on Map 2? I'm guessing it's actually coming from the turbo spooling up. It sounds like a whistle that goes from a moderate to high pitch for like a second when I punch the accelerator. I don't...
  2. J

Alltrack Rear Sway Bar Upgrade

Anybody know much about it? When I try looking up the stock Alltrack part online, it gives two possible sway bars - one is a 21.7mm with 3mm wall, and the other is simply given as 19.7mm. I'm not sure why there would be two parts for the Alltrack - is it different between different trim...
  3. J

paint defect on new car

Loving my new Alltrack, but unfortunately there's a paint flaw (couple of black spots under the clear coat) on the hood near the leading edge. Would this be something that could be fixed under warranty? If I brought it into the dealer, what would they likely do about it?
  4. J

JB4 Install question from a newb

If I use the Bluetooth Wireless Connect Kit on the JB4, can I completely ignore the OBD2 plug and associated Molex plug that comes with the JB4? Is there any functionality that is lost by going this route? Thanks for any help
  5. J

FS in Norcal: OEM Valley Wheels/Tires from new Alltrack

New take-offs from a new VW Alltrack. The tires are Falken Sincera SN250, with around 100 miles on them before I took the wheels off, so practically new. The wheel specs: 17x7", ET42, 5x112 bolt pattern, 57.1mm bore, VW OEM "Valley" Will include OEM lug bolts and OEM security bolts with key...