GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ICmaker

1. I

Work in progress report - Semi Autonomous Operation, MK7 Golf R

I thought I would be ready yesterday to post a functional assisted driving setup (still requiring driver oversight - more about that below). That isn't the case. Saturday, I tested it for a couple of hours in two very different traffic jams, on two east San Francisco Bay area freeways that are...
  2. I

DAP Power Mirror kit is installed

Many thanks to to Paul for a great product and video. He was very quick to respond when I asked for fastener advice for the speakers. His counsel was to use the pop rivets if I could. The right call, for sure, since that's how it came. I diverged from his workflow by removing the speakers, after...
  3. I

Set Lane Assist Intervention Threshold, MK7 Golf R

Here’s an OBDeleven edit for the elusive Lane Assist setting in the 2017 R. There isn’t enough gain in the heavily damped control loop to center the car in the lane as stiffly as in the 2016 I’ve driven, and the lane recognition is more robust on a freeway with new markings or in daylight than...
  4. I

Enable and Configure Advanced Bi-Xenon Lighting, MK7 Golf R

Please allow me to introduce myself. I’m a retired electrical engineer with a passion for cars. I was a heavy unit Porsche tech until age 35, when I went back to school and ended up working in Silicon Valley for 25 years. I bought my daughter an M6 2016 R last summer. When my 2010 Corvette began...