GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Gordon F

1. G

How to retro-fit a bigger capacity battery to a Mk7 Golf

Thanks guys. Appreciate the replies
  2. G

How to retro-fit a bigger capacity battery to a Mk7 Golf

A great write up golfdave but a quick question about keeping the car powered whist changing the battery. I'm changing like for like, battery seems to be dying slowly and is now 4+ years old so just a standard replacement size wise. Our car is in an outside car park so no mains electric to...
  3. G

Heater Support Pump Open Circuit.

Think there may be two. Drop the sump panel and there is a pump on the front side of the motor below the oil filter. Another one on the rear (exhaust side), both have connectors to the wiring loom. Start the engine and get underneath and feel if each of the pumps is running. Obvs make sure you...
  4. G

Burst silica bag - can't get it solved

Our dealer checked against our VIN and said we shouldn't have a silica bag even though the header tank had the mit silica logo. Unclipped our tank (double wall) and even though you can flip it over without disconnecting either of the pipes, or unplugging the loom, you can see the bag but it is...
  5. G

Keyless start / stop button

It's been getting progressively worse so replaced the start stop switch myself this morning. Now working perfectly (y) Switch, part no. 5G2 959 839 A 3Q7 was £71.95 with the VAT from VW. Seems to be plenty of cheap copies on Ebay but not for me. Also can recommend using a set of the plastic...
  6. G

Mine is still the same so will get it looked at when it goes in for the next service. One other thing is that I don't always get the engine starting message on the dash. Think it always comes up on a cold start, with glow plugs, but not when the engine is warm Car is a '16 GTD
  7. G

I don't drive the car so much now and my wife was saying today that she sometimes has to press the button more than once to either start or stop the car. Tried it myself today and it doesn't feel as positive as I remember it. Anyone else had similar issues? Warranty ran out three weeks ago :(
  8. G

Replace Key Battery! on dash display.

Had the car serviced this week and VW recommending that the batteries are renewed every 6 months
  9. G

Mk 7.5 Dash Bezel

I'm thinking about changing my 8''mk 7 display screen for one from a 7.5. Does anyone have the VW part number for the bezel (trim) and any idea of the cost from a main dealer? Have done a search on here but no luck so far. Any help much appreciated :)
  10. G

Discover Pro MIB 2 Strange behaviour

A couple of things happening recently and just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues 1. This has happened two or three times. DAB radio 2 (;)), comes up to the news a 9am and the sound goes off. Turn the volume knob or change via steering wheel and the blue volume bar goes up and down...
  11. G

GTD Seats

Anyone had problems with these? (the tartan ones :)) We've had the car about a month now and are loving it, but my wife is getting back pain through poor lumbar support in the seats, even though the setting is on full. We had a 1.6tdi Match before and have previously had many cars including a...
  12. G

New Member GTD Manual Estate

Hi All Just joined up after picking up new car just before Christmas. Have added discovery pro, dynaudio, climate screen and phone connection from the factory along with a dog guard, front and rear mudflaps, rubber mats and rear bumper protection from the dealers. Having a few issues...