GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by fabric8

1. F

Clutchless ignition update: solved (maybe)

So I finally got around to completing this DIY but don't have consistent functionality. I ended up having shapeways print the mount packatorch provided and I chose plastic for the material. I think plastic was a bad idea. For those that have done this, can you answer this question: when the...
  2. F

Does anyone have another source for the solenoid or recommend a comparable solenoid? Testco has a new thing now where they have a $50 minimum purchase whether you buy online or in person. The solenoid is $22.43; the spring kit is $15. I have to waste an additional $12.57 just to purchase...
  3. F

Im planning on ordering the mount through shapeways but know nothing about the material options. Would PA12 (MJF) be a good material? Or is there a better choice?
  4. F

DIY: Remove slop from stock manual transmission shifter bushing

Disclaimer: the stock shifter bushings were designed to reduce NVH, provide a soft shifter feel and more importantly, to reduce or eliminate pressure to the selector fork (for people who don't know any better and rest their hands on the shifter). This is accomplished by creating voids in the...
  5. F

Disclaimer: the stock shifter bushings were designed to reduce NVH, provide a soft shifter feel and more importantly, to reduce or eliminate pressure to the selector fork (for people who don't know any better and rest their hands on the shifter). This is accomplished by creating voids in the...
  6. F

There are products out there to replace the oem shifter bushing to get rid of the slop. But for those who want to try a DIY for next to nothing in cost, here's a video I made showing the slop before and after adding the shims to fill the voids on the oem shifter bushing. All 4 shims were a tight...
  7. F

8. F

9. F

What did you do to your mk7 today?

I got rid of the slop from my oem shifter bushing. CLICKY
  10. F

DIY remove slop from stock shifter bushings