GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by earthquake_glue

1. E

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Don’t have a ton of details but a friend of mine has a MK7 Alltrack, dealer says $5k for new timing chain. Is this even remotely close to a fair price? I have my doubts. Where could she go in Chicago for second opinions?
  2. E

Chicagoland Chat Thread

If all I want currently is to lower my car, are springs my best option compared to coilovers? I’d like some stiffness but not sure that I want to spend the money now.
  3. E

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Shoutout to SLO BUNNY in the NW Burbs. Turbo whistle sounded sweeeeeet while driving shoulder to shoulder the other day.
  4. E

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Been a while since I’ve been on the forums, but I’ve got the itch track my MK7.
  5. E

Chicagoland Chat Thread

It’s a hike from the city but GRD Tuned is good, last I heard. Thinking about going there for APR stage 1 this summer.
  6. E

Integrated engineering Intercooler & Intake FS - West Chicago

Well shoot, that’s the intake I wanna out on my mk7. Wish I’d decided sooner lol.
  7. E

ISO: MK7 side view mirror glass set

Broke my mirrors/glass so I'm looking to pick up something fairly cheap. Let me know if you have anything! I'm driving a base 2016 GTI.
  8. E

OEM Mirror glass

Hey all, curious if anyone has recommendation for buying replacement blind spot mirrors. Broke both mine tonight being hasty while install dynamic turn signals. Broke the mirror cap clips, too. But, those I'll get replaced later if they start to bug me.
  9. E

SOLD: Ed's Replica LED Headlights for MK7.5 GTI - Chi Town burbs

Might be interested. Is the install tough?
  10. E

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Thanks, Jay! Let me ask this: Would a Stage 1 tune require an upgraded clutch at the same time?
  11. E

Chicagoland Chat Thread

What lowering springs are best bang for my buck? I’d like to get a little lower to the ground and get a bit stiffer.
  12. E

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

Im planning on buying this 3.0” Borla S type catback for my 2016. Is there anything I should anticipate problem wise or do I need any adapter piping to mate stock piece of pipe to the Borla?
  13. E

Chicagoland Chat Thread

2016, MK7 GTI. I’d want like $40 or so for it.
  14. E

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Anyone want or need an OEM rear sway bar and end links? Replaced mine a few months ago and the stock one is just sitting in my garage.
  15. E

Chicagoland Chat Thread

Met up with Jay this weekend and got a rear sway bar and end links installed. Car feels great! Stiffer, more fun. Watching Jay work now a couple times is helping me gain some confidence in doing more DIY jobs! I think an exhaust will be my first, other than oil changes.