GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Dazza78

1. D

U.K. Front number plate surround

Hi all I'm looking to buy a new surround/plinth/bracket whatever it is known as, I've cracked mine on the GTD. I can't for the life of me find anywhere online to buy though, any suggestions? Many thanks D
  2. D

Dust in the rain

Washed my motor yesterday, had a small shower late on.. woke up this morning to discover that now have spots of dust over it!
  3. D

Since start trip info

Anyone any idea when this is supposed to reset? I did a trip today and whilst driving home I had a look at the data it appeared the since start for the outward journey was still stored ie it had continued from that trip on my return home. Id been out the car for a few hours until my drive...
  4. D

Sod's law!

Give the motor a good clean and wax yesterday, with autoglym HD wax. Looks spotless starts raining and see good beading, then I have to go on the motorway. Queue blinding spray off all the cars, get home and now I have a film of dust on the front bumpers. Also the tailgate is covered too :-(...
  5. D

31% tyre wear since Nov??

I took my motor in for a warranty repair last week, and one thing I picked up on is that they said my fronts were 31% worn. I've done around 2.6k miles, and I am by no means a boy racer.. I don't wheel spin off etc. Does this sound excessive to you guys? I never changed the tyres in my last...
  6. D

Roof box hire

Hey all, I am planning a family trip up to the highlands this summer and planning things out. I don't thing the GTD is going to have enough space, well I am pretty certain of it. Does anyone know of any good companies in the Manchester area that rents roof boxes and bars? Ive googled a few...
  7. D

Returning leather back to matte finish

hi guys I had someone clean the interior of my car, and they have cleaned the leather to a shine.. any tips on how to get it back to a matte finish .. please?
  8. D

Squealing front

Squealing front haha! Should be squeaking. So here is another one, first time tonight that I've been over a really uneven dirt track road and all I could hear was squeak after squeak from the front. Now it seems obvious to me when I go over the odd bump!
  9. D

Silver crisp packet strikes again...

Driving along and the wind blows a crisp packet in front if my front grill, on goes the emergency braking together with red chevron mfd warning. Talk about crapping myself!
  10. D

Touchscreen - non responsive

Apologies, I cant find any threads (results comeback none found) on the above issue. But does anyone have any info on the problem of it being non responsive on what seems like cold days, and it then randomly opening options up etc. Wondering if I should book it in and how far I will get?
  11. D

Start/Stop

I was stationery and turned my front and rear window blowers off and the engine cut out. Showing start/stop had done it. When I went to use start stop again it wasn't available? Anyone experienced this and is it normal? Wouldn't want my engine to cut if I was actually moving and turned them...
  12. D

New mini brakelights - so bright!

Off topic, and maybe same can be said of our Golfs.. but anyone find mini rear brakelights so annoyingly bright! I hate being sat behind one at the lights, I have to shield my eyes!
  13. D

Doors not holding in place when open

When my doors are open (3 door model) I dont seem to have a point where they lock as such. There is a slight point but not that great. I have had my door blow wide open and bang my neighbours car (luckily with no damage) The other half moans about it too, when getting my step daughter in...
  14. D

Insurance

I am due to renew in a few days time, admiral were the cheapest until they asked me if I had been on a SAC, which I had to answer yes to.. so hiked it up by £100... I politeley told them to do one! Next cheapest is Esure at 550 quid... no frills though, not that i am planning on requiring...
  15. D

MPG Eco GTD

Drove to visit family for Xmas 133 mile today and managed 49.8 average mpg. Average speed 66mph using ACC in Eco mode. Think I'm finally getting the hang of ACC and managed to figure out the distance setting which had me confused leaving a big gap in front. Put my foot down a few times until...