GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by crashracer

1. crashracer

Failed Aliexpress pendulum mount

I don't have a link. I just work on the car.
  2. crashracer

Failed Aliexpress pendulum mount

This failed after 8 months of normal daily driving and caused over $2k in damages. Please think twice before you install parts of questionable quality.
  3. crashracer

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

Aaron, excellent explanation! Yes, the rear O2 sensor is unplugged, I've read about the ECU running rich. I wonder what's going on there too. I'll upgrade the HPFP and post a follow up. I'm sure this info will useful to many others out there. Alan
  4. crashracer

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

What are the signs your fueling is weak? I'm seeing rail pressure drop around 5800 rpm with higher corresponding injector time. AFR is maintained. What indicates weak HPFP vs LPFP, or both? I'm on a base stage 2 file, about to get custom tune and I want to address anything before revisions...
  5. crashracer

How to fix/improve low soft Brake pedal with Residual Pressure Valves and seal lube

Maybe I missed it somewhere but are you only considering half the caliper?
  6. crashracer

Removed front struts in 10 mins.

Try this to reinstall: 1) Put the strut spreader all the way to open the knuckle as much as possible. This temporary as it will prevent the struct from achieving full insertion. 2) Position the strut next to the opening and loosely install the 3 top bolts 3) Use the bottle jack in same position...
  7. crashracer

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

I second this.
  8. crashracer

Removed front struts in 10 mins.

Decided to try something different, I used a bottle jack to separate the struts and it literally took 5 mins each side. I know someone will tell me this is wrong. But I did springs on two cars in less time than one.
  9. crashracer

Which Catch Can

My valves at 55k with APR catch can installed at 8k miles.
  10. crashracer

Wiper noise - 2.0 TDI

Check if there’s play between the plastic blade and metal arm interface. Squeezing the metal holder tightened it up and solve my noise issues.
  11. crashracer

Seeing Torque reduction in my logs

Thanks for the explanation Ed.
  12. crashracer

Starting vibration reduction and torque limitation are both deactivated. Can you think of any other coding to check?
  13. crashracer

I’m running EQT DSG tune v2.03. I think this has torque limitation lifted. I’ll check with Ed.