GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by colham

1. C

Looking to get a GTI

The pcp deal fo my 2015 mk7 match is coming to an end and I’m currently negotiating a deal for a new build GTI. Thing is, I’m not sure about the colour to get. Originally I was sold on tornado red, but now not so sure. I’m between indium grey and black at the moment. Anyone with experience...
  2. C

Free servicing

I took out fixed price servicing back in August after buying our Mk7, and since then VW have had 'technical problems' taking payment by direct debit. Nice letter from them today apologising for the inconvenience and telling me they were waiving the fee, so I get 3 years servicing for free -...
  3. C

MIB2 Won't Switch Off

Looking for suggestions here. My wife is out and about and having parked up and switched off the ignition, the stereo won't switch off. Tried with the ignition on/off pressing the power button - nothing. Stays on. At the moment, the car is parked up with the volume turned down. Got a 2015...
  4. C

Dodgy software in 2016 Diesels

Its not getting any better for VW http://news.sky.com/story/1569527/vw-says-more-suspect-software-in-2016-diesels
  5. C

Service Plans

I signed up for a service plan a month ago, signing a contract and direct debit agreement. I emailed the dealer after a couple of weeks having not received any confirmation back and no docs from VWFS, but it was ignored and I didn't chase it up. So today, I was checking my bank account and...
  6. C

Why oh why (handsfree vs. Car price)

It's probably neither the car or the phone. Chances are the driver is a twat. See also indicators on a BMW.
  7. C

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Not sure exactly, but think it was last week in May.
  8. C

It's on the euro6 engines which came in at build week 22. So any new car will have it.
  9. C

There's an audio input jack next to the USB socket on the new 2016 Golfs if you needed to use one.
  10. C

Fitted premium carpet mats with navy blue piping and a load liner with carpet inlay from carmats4u.com
  11. C

New car small issues

So far so good after a couple of days with my new golf. So far, got 3 small issues: 1) Car-Net App Connect not activated. Dealer to sort out, but no timescale yet. 2) There is a what can be described as a faint whoosh or shhh type sound when applying the throttle. No throttle, no sound...
  12. C

Spare Wheel

I was surprised to find that my car came with a space saver spare wheel rather than a repair kit. I was under the impression that it wouldn't have one, so I'm quite pleased. Is this normal in the UK?
  13. C

New MK7 Golf Match 1.4TSI 125PS Night Blue

Picked my new motor up this evening. Very pleased with it so far. The electronic handbrake and hill hold will take a bit of getting used to. Spec as in my signature. Only downside is my Car-Net App Connect isn't working (only seeing MirrorLink). Tyres fitted are Hankook Ventus S1 Evo2 (not...
  14. C

What Cell Phone Are You Rocking?

iPhone 6 here, previously 4s and HTC Hero. Moved to Apple after the novelty of rooting an Android phone and hunting for custom roms just so that I could keep it up to date wore off. Apple stuff just works.
  15. C

Free VW insurance

Have any of you used the free 5 days insurance from VW and how much hassle was it setting up?