GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by ccbird

1. C

FS: 17" winter wheel setup

Sold
  2. C

FS: 034 Dogbone Mount V2

Lightly used (not bent, clean condition) 034 V2 Dogbone mount available for sale. Car is sold, so clearing out my parts. I am asking $25 shipped by USPS Priority mail anywhere to the lower 48. Please confirm this will work on your car before buying. Thanks for looking...
  3. C

FS: AFE Dry Filter for Sale

Sold
  4. C

Kia Stinger...

I've driven one; father-in-law just got one and I have to say I was surprised on how good it drives. It also looks far better in person. I hated myself for liking it as much as I did, but it really is a decent car. Throw a JB4 on it and it will hold with some of our cars. I still would...
  5. C

No Garage - Need Portable Car Port

I did one of these for my daughter's mini cooper s for the winter. I also had a pad on the side of the garage. It came with four anchors (pigstail style) and I added four more. It has stood up well including in some very high wind situations (40+ mph). It does the job and was cheap; I got...
  6. C

Solar-powered battery tenders

I bought one off Amazon over the summer to keep a battery charged on a boat lift and it worked great. I don't recall which I went with, but it was maybe $30. Many to choose from and it kept battery good all summer.
  7. C

Heart warming story.

As I read that last night, I was a bit jealous of the kid.
  8. C

Welcome message coring?

Thought this was funny then was curious how to custom code a startup message... https://jalopnik.com/brand-new-volkswagen-arrives-at-dealer-and-drops-an-f-b-1831242214
  9. C

Odd cruise control behavior after dsg and haldex change

A few weeks back I replaced both the haldex and dsg fluids. Since then I have had some odd behavior that happens sporadically, I would get it from time to time before the fluid changes, but it now seems much more frequently. I could be complete coincidence, but figured I would run it by you...
  10. C

Amps vs. Watts Question

Fed, Pick one of these up. It will tell you the exact usage in real time in various formats as well as allow you to record over time. Use it to see what power is drawn even on power strips with devices turned off. Pretty clever and useful for various projects. From there you can get a true...
  11. C

Don't you love these chevy commercials

I found them a few months back as I think Jalopnik linked to them. My wife was sleeping next to me as I watched and woke her up I was laughing so hard. The good news is she also enjoyed how accurate his remake was of the typical GM owner.
  12. C

Audi S3 is awesome

I hated the s3 interior loved the way it drove. I have owned at least a dozen Audi over the years and currently have an sq5 sitting next to my R. I was so disappointed in the design of the s3 interior I paid MSRP for the first time ever to get my golf r and waited for months instead of paying...
  13. C

Finding Kessy Key

So I have misplaced one of my KESSY Golf R car keys; I know it is in the house, but short of tearing everything apart is there a good way to search for it using an RFID scanner or something similar? If I can get within a couple feet to activate it, then it might make locating it much easier...
  14. C

Drift Mode Attacks

Have to post this as I find it so funny and know there will be more to come. http://jalopnik.com/watch-this-ford-focus-rs-driver-drift-mode-his-car-into-1786210325
  15. C

What car does your partner drive?

wife drives a 2014 SQ5 stage 1 tune with upgraded supercharger pulley from APR. Kids get to soccer fast with mom.:D