GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by carl s

1. C

Fault Automatic headlight control ?

Hi, I've just bought a used mk7 estate (wagon) 2.0 GT and went out tonight for the first time in the dark. When I unlocked the car I expected the headlights to come on like my last mk7 hatch. But the car just unlocked and the mirrors stayed folded. When I get in the car at night then put the...
  2. C

High Mileage Mk7s...

Just spotted this on eBay... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2013-VOLKSWAGEN-GOLF-1-6-TDI-SE-BLUEMOTION-TECH-BLACK-5-DOOR-/191679872050?hash=item2ca102bc32 98,000 miles in a mk7 !
  3. C

16" alloy wheels ideal for Winter tyres (UK)

For Sale, set of Borbet type F 16 x 6.5 et50 wheels. They are TUV approved for the Golf mk7 so have the correct centre bore and use the original wheel bolts. Only used for a few weeks before being stored without tyres. with VW centre caps (not pictured). £215 the set of 4. Location...
  4. C

How does a VW owner get to Ikea...?

How does a VW owner get to Ikea? Made me chuckle when I was being dragged round Ikea today ;-)
  5. C

Golf S, SE, GT, GTD ownership reviews / comparison

I thought I'd write a summary of my findings after having three MK7 Golfs in the family, and test driving a few more. Golf S My first experience was with the 1.2 FSI Golf S. We've owned this car for about a year and a half now and it's been a pleasure to drive every time I get in it. The 1.2...
  6. C

Would you buy another mk7 ?

As the title says, I've had a mixed experience with my mk7 Golf. It was a 2.0tdi SE and after 29 days in the garage, VW agreed to buy it back. (very pleased with VW & dealer's attitude to this) When the car was working it was a great car to drive, I've tested a Octavia VRS TDI and the ride was...
  7. C

How do I find out a VW part number?

Looking for the part number for a centre cap for the 'Dover' 16" wheel, can anyone point me to a resource online that might have this please? thanks
  8. C

Borbet type F 16" wheels

For Sale, set of Borbet type F 16 x 6.5 et50 wheels. They are TUV approved for the Golf mk7 so have the correct centre bore and use the original wheel bolts. Only a couple of weeks old, in daily use now with VW centre caps (not pictured). £300 on their own, £negociable with tyres. Location...
  9. C

Is this the ECU ?

Daft question perhaps but can anyone confirm that under this metal cover is the ECU in my 2.0 tdi please? It seems to be in a tamper-proof casing but I think the fixings might have come a bit loose at it seems to be rattling around in there!
  10. C

ET42 Offset for 16" wheels

Just looking at the VW Aspen wheels for my Mk7 SE. The current wheels are 6.5" wide and et46, the Aspen for the mk7 are recommended at just 6" wide and ET50 or 48. I have found some 6.5" wide Aspen that are used in the Passat and EOS, but these are just ET42, none of the production wheels go...
  11. C

Thoughts on Used wheels versus new?

I'm still undecided as what to change my SE 16" wheels to. Ideally I would like some of the Match wheels which are called "Dover" as I'd like to keep a 16" size for the ride comfort. VW want a silly amount of money for these (£400+ each new) but there are a couple of sets on the German eBay...
  12. C

Detailing SE 16" Toronto wheels ?

Just a bit of crude photoshop for now, but what's the opinion on the detailing the Factory SE alloys with black inbetween the spokes? It's interesting you don't really appreciate the design is a double-five spoke until you look at the second picture. Thought they looked quite good myself :-)...
  13. C

DRL lights in place of fogs?

My SE spec doesn't come with fog lights in the front bumper so at the moment there is just a blank trim plate. I saw these on eBay which fit where the Fogs would go, they look OK and I was wondering if I could just wire them up in place of the normal DRL that are part of the main headlamp? Or...
  14. C

Mac tools for sorting out your music onto SD card

Just thought I'd pass on a couple of things I'd found over the past few days about loading an SD card with music for the Golf. - Firstly my Itunes music was all stored as M4a, and I wanted to convert it to mp3 so I could embed the cover artwork. If you change your import settings under...
  15. C

Trouble filling up with Diesel ?

Am I the only person having an issue filling up with diesel? I've had the car for two weeks and I can't get more than a dribble into the tank without the cut-off on the gas-station pump cutting out. I timed it today, took me 6 minutes to put £21 of diesel in before I gave up with boredom...