steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
I think the MK7 is sort of awesome.
Sharp crease lines, short and solid.
Pretty nice OE design.
Wonder on long a CF hood would hold up.

If you decide to paint it, as long as a regular steel body panel.

The big secret to keeping carbon alive is to not leave it exposed.

I know they say they put a gel coat on it that protects it from UV rays, but it's not as UV blocking as regular ole paint and clear coat.

Most people don't realize the point of CF is to shed weight, not gain street cred.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
If you decide to paint it, as long as a regular steel body panel.

The big secret to keeping carbon alive is to not leave it exposed.

I know they say they put a gel coat on it that protects it from UV rays, but it's not as UV blocking as regular ole paint and clear coat.

Most people don't realize the point of CF is to shed weight, not gain street cred.

All good points.
I think most consider this for looks.
On this point a good CF wrap might be best.
For weight I am sure it helps but for the cost I would hope one tracks the car a lot. Could be like Wolf and just remove hood on track day. :D

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
All good points.
I think most consider this for looks.
On this point a good CF wrap might be best.
For weight I am sure it helps but for the cost I would hope one tracks the car a lot. Could be like Wolf and just remove hood on track day. :D

A hood and roof on my last car dropped 40 lbs.

With how far forward the engine is on these cars, any weight off the noise would help a ton in almost every aspect.

Can we get some of that sweet lexan glass for the rear hatch though? That would drop some weight. Wish someone made a CF sunroof piece. I'd own it already lol.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI

With how far forward the engine is on these cars, any weight off the noise would help a ton in almost every aspect.

Can we get some of that sweet lexan glass for the rear hatch though? That would drop some weight. Wish someone made a CF sunroof piece. I'd own it already lol.

I wish someone made a sunroof delete. My SE came with that nasty sunroof and pantyhose cover and I wish I had thew option to spec an SE without.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion

steddy2112

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
I wish someone made a sunroof delete. My SE came with that nasty sunroof and pantyhose cover and I wish I had thew option to spec an SE without.

Ditto on my own car.

The only positive about it, is the black roof you get with it looks pretty slicc when the car is white.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule

Unless things have changed, it's not street legal in the US.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI