Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Im running 034 motorsports. I know some are running bfi and hpa

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Use the metal ones, 034 or CTS. The rubber ones only add a ton of NVH. If you’re ballin, could get the HPA puck, but I’ve seen the insert on them failing and they’re now offering a revision.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks I was thinking 034 or bfi

Had the 034 for a few years now and wouldn't hesitate getting another as it ads no NVH at all and transforms the drive for so little money.

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
just wondering exactly what issues the dogbone instert solves? Now that I've had the car for almost two weeks and about 6 days driving to work and back, I have noticed some rough shifts with the DSG...does it smoothe those out? what additional benefits does it bring? Seems like a cheap mod to do and sounds like a lot of good reviews on it. Maybe I'll order one in the spring.

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
just wondering exactly what issues the dogbone instert solves? Now that I've had the car for almost two weeks and about 6 days driving to work and back, I have noticed some rough shifts with the DSG...does it smoothe those out? what additional benefits does it bring? Seems like a cheap mod to do and sounds like a lot of good reviews on it. Maybe I'll order one in the spring.

Reduces wheel hop when you are spinning your tires. Shifts are smoother. Car feels more connected.

RudyH

Go Kart Champion

https://store.034motorsport.com/mqb...golf-gti-r-8v-audi-a3-s3-billet-aluminum.html

"is designed to fill the large void in the factory dogbone mount, and limit drivetrain movement without sacrificing ride quality or introducing excessive additional noise, vibration, or harshness into the cabin.

By filling the void in the factory mount, this insert eliminates the associated slop to ensure that you experience crisper shifts and a smoother driving experience. "

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Reduces wheel hop when you are spinning your tires. Shifts are smoother. Car feels more connected.

thanks for the feedback guys. I did read the description on their site but wanted some real-world feedback on what the most noticeable differences were. Wheel hop is never an issue in my R, more concerned with the aforemenetioned "smoothness" with the DSG. of course I haven't quite redlined it yet (but close enough) since I'm still only at 500km

Tigsel

Ready to race!
Careful with 034 dogbone, they bend and crack. I am on my second one which is now also bent. Most probably will replace it with Revo or HPA.

Tigsel

Ready to race!

EmptyHeaded

Passed Driver's Ed
Careful with 034 dogbone, they bend and crack. I am on my second one which is now also bent. Most probably will replace it with Revo or HPA.
I'm curious on your mods and/or driving style that may be contributing to the failures.

I'd be willing to bet that the failure rates on the 034 dogbone, comparative to how many people are running them, is very low. I know and have seen failures occur, but not sure that's commonplace.

I'll also assume that 034 has no issue offering a replacement for failed units?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
I'm curious on your mods and/or driving style that may be contributing to the failures.

I'd be willing to bet that the failure rates on the 034 dogbone, comparative to how many people are running them, is very low. I know and have seen failures occur, but not sure that's commonplace.

I'll also assume that 034 has no issue offering a replacement for failed units?

Could be a bad batch too, as this is the first I have heard of 034 inserts failing in the threads I have heard of them both here and on vortex.