GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Barielle battery G30/GU1R anyone ?

Rsleyum

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi Guys,

I have purchased Barielle G30 Battery which is the new version of GU1R. The only difference it’s one inch shorter and it’s slightly lighter weighing 2.5 kgs.

Has anyone installed this battery?

I will be installing it on the Golf R within the upcoming weeks, however I usually drive it twice a week. I’m curious if anyone had trouble starting the Car with this battery if not driven on daily bases. Hope barielle owners shed some light into this matter.

Thanks in advance guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TecklenburgVW

Go Kart Champion
Hi Guys,

I have purchased Barielle G30 Battery which is the new version of GU1R. The only difference it’s one inch shorter and it’s slightly lighter weighing 2.5 kgs.

I will be installing it on the Golf R within the upcoming weeks, however I usually drive it twice a week. I’m curious if anyone had trouble starting the Car with this battery if not driven on daily bases. Hope barielle owners shed some light into this matter.

Thanks in advance guys

I've been meaning to update my thread on the GU1R. My Golf R sat inside the garage for nine days during the holiday break. Upon my return it fired up without hesitation. Keep in mind I live in Central Florida.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rsleyum

Passed Driver's Ed
I've been meaning to update my thread on the GU1R. My Golf R sat inside the garage for nine days during the holiday break. Upon my return it fired up without hesitation. Keep in mind I live in Central Florida.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the info ...shedding more than 15 kgs in the engine-bay pretty sure it’s more nimble in corners =)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
That’s a pricey battery! I’d find a cheaper way to lose weight.

It all depends on what you're trying to do. For a track car, it's not that bad of a price considering it sheds 30lbs. Especially when you already did other less expensive alternatives. I'd say next step after this would be some carbon fiber body panels, doors, hood and trunk which are even more expensive.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
OP if you wind up not liking the battery, I'll gladly take it off your hands :rolleyes::cool:

Rsleyum

Passed Driver's Ed
It all depends on what you're trying to do. For a track car, it's not that bad of a price considering it sheds 30lbs. Especially when you already did other less expensive alternatives. I'd say next step after this would be some carbon fiber body panels, doors, hood and trunk which are even more expensive.

My next target is seats but not any time soon...normal seats full leather spec can reach up 35kgs i reckon..going for sparco seats 11 kgs each side and removing the spare tyre will be ultimate sleeper while keeping the exterior OEM looks. That’s my goal

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
My next target is seats but not any time soon...normal seats full leather spec can reach up 35kgs i reckon..going for sparco seats 11 kgs each side and removing the spare tyre will be ultimate sleeper while keeping the exterior OEM looks. That’s my goal

Front seats are 56lbs each, so 25.4kg ;)

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
It’s like for asking for a kidney and you have to think your options for the long term lol

My kidney's been acting up lately, I'll take one of those too

Rsleyum

Passed Driver's Ed
Front seats are 56lbs each, so 25.4kg ;)

I got the non leather and non electric version do you have any idea what’s the weight of that comparing to the fully spec version of leather ?

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
I got the non leather and non electric version do you have any idea what’s the weight of that comparing to the fully spec version of leather ?

I'll try to dig up the ROW seats. Where are you from?

NCM

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
Hi Guys,

Well, here's what Braille (correct spelling) says about it:

"Due to low capacity, this model is recommended as a TRACK ONLY model for high electrical demand vehicles like Audi, Porsche and others with lots of electronics & have a high parasitic draw where OEM battery is 60 Ah or higher) If this model is used in such a high demand vehicle, a lithium charger MUST be used if vehicle is not driven regularly and is going to sit for more than a week to ensure battery is not discharged. In most cases, an Intensity or Intensity Carbon model would be the recommended street/track car lithium upgrade."

Sounds to me as if you'd be right on the edge as far as frequency of use without using a charger. Personally I wouldn't do it unless I had another vehicle to drive in case of need.

Neil
(Braille B2015 AGM in my M3 track car)

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
What's the point? Just to save a few pounds?? You might be saving the equivalent of 4 gallons of gas. If that much weight is so important, go "racing" with half a tank and call it a day. Reducing battery capacity drastically in a modern car with a ton of current draw is insane. Paying a bunch of money to do it is *really* insane.

Luchos

Go Kart Champion
Well, here's what Braille (correct spelling) says about it:

"Due to low capacity, this model is recommended as a TRACK ONLY model for high electrical demand vehicles like Audi, Porsche and others with lots of electronics & have a high parasitic draw where OEM battery is 60 Ah or higher) If this model is used in such a high demand vehicle, a lithium charger MUST be used if vehicle is not driven regularly and is going to sit for more than a week to ensure battery is not discharged. In most cases, an Intensity or Intensity Carbon model would be the recommended street/track car lithium upgrade."

Sounds to me as if you'd be right on the edge as far as frequency of use without using a charger. Personally I wouldn't do it unless I had another vehicle to drive in case of need.

Neil
(Braille B2015 AGM in my M3 track car)

unless you garage your car and put it on a slow trickle charger overnight