GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Group Buy for Dynamic Mirror Blinkers

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
My only advice is to put a towel or cardboard down on the ground just in case. One time I removed a mirror cap and the cap sprung out while popping the tabs. Cap fell on the ground and got scraped up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cb1111

Are these original Dynablinks or are they knock-offs? I assume the Dynablinks are made in China as well but probably not in the same factory.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Are these original Dynablinks or are they knock-offs? I assume the Dynablinks are made in China as well but probably not in the same factory.
Everything is a match. I'm assuming it's the same manufacturer selling direct.

cb1111

Everything is a match. I'm assuming it's the same manufacturer selling direct.
Then this sounds like an IP violation instead of just counterfeiting.

As the vendor is selling this in Dynablink boxes it is a clear violation as it is unlikely that Dynablink is getting a percentage of the sales.

It is of course also possible that the vendor is selling an inferior product in the Dynablink boxes.

The Dynablink units have been tested to comply with ECE regs and comes with a two year warranty. I wonder if these can say the same.

I've seen far too many products that come out of Chinese factories that claim to be the same as the original item but is not built to the same specs.

Cameron1292

Ready to race!
Then this sounds like an IP violation instead of just counterfeiting.

As the vendor is selling this in Dynablink boxes it is a clear violation as it is unlikely that Dynablink is getting a percentage of the sales.

It is of course also possible that the vendor is selling an inferior product in the Dynablink boxes.

The Dynablink units have been tested to comply with ECE regs and comes with a two year warranty. I wonder if these can say the same.

I've seen far too many products that come out of Chinese factories that claim to be the same as the original item but is not built to the same specs.
I agree to an extent. I agree they shouldn't sell them as dyna blinks If they are not. I don't like how China has basically zero copyright laws. That being said I'm not worried about the quality. Chinese products get a bad stigma. I've ordered many things from Ali and they have all been great. Comparing these with the ones I pulled out, there wasn't a difference that I could see.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

cb1111

I agree to an extent. I agree they shouldn't sell them as dyna blinks If they are not. I don't like how China has basically zero copyright laws. That being said I'm not worried about the quality. Chinese products get a bad stigma. I've ordered many things from Ali and they have all been great. Comparing these with the ones I pulled out, there wasn't a difference that I could see.

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk
In no case should they be sold in identical boxes, but it depends on several things.

Did Dynablink go to a Chinese factory, buy an existing product, get it to comply with ECE regs or did they go to the Chinese factory and say "build this to our specs"?

In neither case is it acceptable to sell the Ali ones in Dynablink boxes, but the later is just plain criminal.

Dominador

Passed Driver's Ed
I've already seen one set for sale on another forum at a really good price and I am guessing it is someone trying to pass off the Ali version as legit Dynablink. They were new for $150 and when he sold the first set he said he could get another set for the same price new. That is what immediately made me think they were the fakes. Someone could make a killing buying these 10+ at a time for the significant bulk discount (I think when I looked it was 31% off) and turn around and claim they are real.

Anyhow, mine are on the way and I can't wait to get them. They look legit so I'm not concerned at all that they are knockoffs. Kockoffs like this from Ali are not uncommon I bought a phone case that was clearly a fake (plastic instead of real wood) and it came in all of the same packaging as the authentic item.

cb1111

I've already seen one set for sale on another forum at a really good price and I am guessing it is someone trying to pass off the Ali version as legit Dynablink. They were new for $150 and when he sold the first set he said he could get another set for the same price new. That is what immediately made me think they were the fakes. Someone could make a killing buying these 10+ at a time for the significant bulk discount (I think when I looked it was 31% off) and turn around and claim they are real.

Anyhow, mine are on the way and I can't wait to get them. They look legit so I'm not concerned at all that they are knockoffs. Kockoffs like this from Ali are not uncommon I bought a phone case that was clearly a fake (plastic instead of real wood) and it came in all of the same packaging as the authentic item.
One issue is that counterfeits support organized international crime and terrorism.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
One issue is that counterfeits support organized international crime and terrorism.

So do governments, so not much of a issue.;)

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
So here’s an update on the puddle lights issue. In an earlier post, I noted that the puddle lights on my larath folding mirrors stopped working after installing my knock-off dynablinks. Another member, Bakili, posted yesterday that his dynablinks (probably knock offs as well) had the same effect on his puddle lights. He is in the UK with oem folding mirrors. The one thing he noticed that we have in common is that our dynablinks have only two pins on the connector instead of three. Not 100% sure but this could be the culprit. According to Renck the group buy lights have three pins.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
I hope thats the case because i dont want yo lose my puddle lights.

Renck

Ready to race!
So here’s an update on the puddle lights issue. In an earlier post, I noted that the puddle lights on my larath folding mirrors stopped working after installing my knock-off dynablinks. Another member, Bakili, posted yesterday that his dynablinks (probably knock offs as well) had the same effect on his puddle lights. He is in the UK with oem folding mirrors. The one thing he noticed that we have in common is that our dynablinks have only two pins on the connector instead of three. Not 100% sure but this could be the culprit. According to Renck the group buy lights have three pins.

The Dyna Blink that I received has the 3 pin connector (see picture below) and therefore, I'm going to order a set of electric folding mirrors from AleExpress. I'll report back in few weeks when they arrive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

condi

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought from them: http://s.aliexpress.com/rAZVbqaQ
And I can recommend it.
It came not in dynablink box, no dynablink name on it,
but it's 100% working 3pin version with puddle lights.

And as far as I've seen other sellers - that one is the best price (~88$).

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka