GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is the GTI Sporty Enough for me?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
What would you suggest for tasteful body mods?

A little goes a long way. I de-badged my side and hatch emblems, lowered slightly and added wheel spacers, window tint, exhaust, roof rack most of the time (compliments a hatchback IMO, plus I haul a roof box and kayaks), and most recently I added a maxton designs spoiler extension. A front lip or splitter and some CSS style fog light surround extensions would top it off nicely.

Wheels make a world of difference too. Also, might wrap the mirror caps and roof black

dale55

A little goes a long way. I de-badged my side and hatch emblems, lowered slightly and added wheel spacers, window tint, exhaust, roof rack most of the time (compliments a hatchback IMO, plus I haul a roof box and kayaks), and most recently I added a maxton designs spoiler extension. A front lip or splitter and some CSS style fog light surround extensions would top it off nicely.

Wheels make a world of difference too. Also, might wrap the mirror caps and roof black

Nice work!

Jack Straw

Ready to race!
Strange Mud,
I'm another guy that gave up a drop dead gorgeous Mustang GT for a Golf.
I've come to enjoy being nearly invisible, even with a Tornado Red R. Sleepers are the way to go.:D:D

Slapshot1

Ready to race!
Get a Civic typeR. Those thing are oozing with “sportiness”. Wings , vents and weird designs all over!

It’s one of the reasons I like the GTI. Subtle and classy. But you already have one in the family. No reason you can’t have his and hers. Tell her you’re just going to get a golf...R!

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
You already have a GTI, pointless to get another one or an R. Buy a focus RS or civic type R and you'll now have 2 fun cars in the household that have different strengths/weaknesses. Everyone wins and both of those look sportier than the GTI.

People clown the civic for its looks and the focus for its interior but they I would honestly not mind owning either one.

alderran1

Ready to race!
No it’s front heavy and most of the time you get no traction. It’s okay if you are going downhill and it’s dry other than that no traction. It drives okay but if you push it get ready to plow through corners with massive amounts of under steer. Not sporty at all just a cheap fwd with a slight engine upgrade

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

alderran1

Ready to race!
Aldy hates his car, so take ^ with a grain of salt.

Except this guy has access to the shitty fwd car so you can’t trick him into buying another.

Anyway don’t have to believe me just take your wife’s car out in the rain. Try to take off quick. Wet or dry try to quickly pull out of a side street. I don’t know how anyone can drive this car and not hate its inability to put power to the ground

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Except this guy has access to the shitty fwd car so you can’t trick him into buying another.

Anyway don’t have to believe me just take your wife’s car out in the rain. Try to take off quick. Wet or dry try to quickly pull out of a side street. I don’t know how anyone can drive this car and not hate its inability to put power to the ground

But he already said he doesn't hate the Wife's car, in fact he says he likes driving it :p

Nobody "tricked" you into buying the car. You just have way unrealistic expectations based on something that I have yet to figure out.

Car will not launch like a RWD or AWD powerhouse. It will plow through the corners if you're on the stock tires and come in too hot.

You hate FWD and bad tires, not the GTI :D

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Agreed these cars are completely invisible to most. Your wife also has one. Mix it up and get something else.

Edit: PS, GTIs can also be referred to as “cute” by women...so there you go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SK90

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sporty at all but that’s kinda the appeal. If you want a sporty hatch go for the RS3, a fully blacked out RS3/S3 just looks sublime.

alderran1

Ready to race!
But he already said he doesn't hate the Wife's car, in fact he says he likes driving it :p

Nobody "tricked" you into buying the car. You just have way unrealistic expectations based on something that I have yet to figure out.

Car will not launch like a RWD or AWD powerhouse. It will plow through the corners if you're on the stock tires and come in too hot.

You hate FWD and bad tires, not the GTI :D

Burns a quart every 3k miles ,has been in the shop 10 times squeaking sunroof louder than ever and it’s starting to rust. I hate fcking volkswagen.

alderran1

Ready to race!
If you are looking for suggestions in comparable price range test drive a 370z that ought to be sporty enough for you

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Burns a quart every 3k miles ,has been in the shop 10 times squeaking sunroof louder than ever and it’s starting to rust. I hate fcking volkswagen.

I have a 2016 which does none of those. Trade your car in and move on.