GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Panaramic sunroof recall

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
People are still going to disagree!

And they would be wrong, but I guess that doesn't matter? A true recall would be like the Takada air bags, where you got a letter in the mail and all that jazz. This different, where if you complain of an issue that is known, the dealership can fix it under warranty. That's why one slip calls it a campaign, where the other calls it a warranty. That merely demonstrates the difference in knowledge of the service advisers who wrote the repair orders. I work with an adviser with 30+ years experience in the industry who doesn't know shit, and can't use computers....

Last edited:

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
People are still going to disagree!

yup. i am in canada. different countries have different laws regarding recalls. can you be sure that it’s the same guidelines for manufacturers recalls/service actions in the usa or canada or mexico or russia or germany and so on.
but you are probably right as it’s clear to me you are quite smart.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R

this doesn’t look like something a dumb service advisor typed up on this own it me. maybe it’s a copy/paste or maybe not. seems legit to me.

fyzm7357

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2016 PW GTI PP 6MT
Found that I also have the sunroof recall/TSB/other name here as well when I stopped in for my inspection and check for infotainment updates.

I detail my car pretty regularly and haven’t noticed any cracks and definitely no leaks. Advisor stated it would take about 90 minutes to 2 hours to complete.

2016 GTI Autobahn/PP
Dec 15 build

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
yup. i am in canada. different countries have different laws regarding recalls. can you be sure that it’s the same guidelines for manufacturers recalls/service actions in the usa or canada or mexico or russia or germany and so on.

but you are probably right as it’s clear to me you are quite smart.

With my “limited” knowledge qnd experience in working with OEMs on issuing recalls / TSBs, i am aware of the process in USA. I cannot comment on process / clauses are in other countries as i do not have a hands on experience.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
With my “limited” knowledge qnd experience in working with OEMs on issuing recalls / TSBs, i am aware of the process in USA. I cannot comment on process / clauses are in other countries as i do not have a hands on experience.

And yet you did, even thought , in my first post , i stated i am in canada.

alderran1

Ready to race!
I brought my car in for a squeaky sunroof and they performed rvu 60c7. It is a repair kit for the water channel. My roof wasn’t leaking at all. They said it was a recall. I don’t think technically it is but that is what the dealer called it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Just so people are not misinformed with one of these posts.. VW does not send out "letters" to customers identifying recalls and asking for a vehicle service. They do not even perform warranty work unless the customer takes it in and complains about the issue and it 'happens' to be under warranty. There is no pro activity in the way they do model-wide service.

adam1991

Banned
Just so people are not misinformed with one of these posts.. VW does not send out "letters" to customers identifying recalls and asking for a vehicle service. They do not even perform warranty work unless the customer takes it in and complains about the issue and it 'happens' to be under warranty. There is no pro activity in the way they do model-wide service.

Of course manufacturers send out letters identifying recalls. That's a legal requirement.

I think what you're talking about is TSBs. No, no dealer or manufacturer sends out letters about TSBs. If you have a complaint, the dealer will address it per the applicable TSB if one exists and IF you bring it in to complain.

It sure does help if we know about the TSBs, though. Does anyone compile those or list those anywhere? I know I can find Honda and Acura TSBs without much trouble.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold

Totally incorrect.

Manufacturer has to notify the owner via mail once they issue a recall. Below is the link from NHTSA webpage which clearly outlines the procedure https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls. Even when a TSB is issued, dealer works on the vehicle even before customer complains of any issue. TSB works has to be done proactively by the dealer and thats the whole point of issuing service bulletins. In my case, i went to my dealer for an oil change and my service advisor informed me that there is a TSB issued for my VIN and they will take care of it.