GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin Pilot Super Sport VS Pilot Sport 4S

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I had 245/35-19’s PS4’s installed a couple months ago. The only thing I’ve noticed they don’t like to track straight. The meandering drove me nuts till I changed the steering effort to stiff and that helped.

Never heard of it being a tire's fault unless they were defective. That DOES happen.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
I would love to get the ps4s, but having them on during a chance cold snap (20 degrees F - even if not driven) requires you to warm them up to over 40 degrees F for 24 hours before they are messed with at all or you can damage them and void the warranty. I could get three months a year out of them without worry. If I lived in Florida, I don’t think I would even consider another tire.

I believe you can damage any summer tires driving them below 40. I know I had good years previously that came with similar language.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Golf R1

Ready to race!
I had 245/35-19’s PS4’s installed a couple months ago. The only thing I’ve noticed they don’t like to track straight. The meandering drove me nuts till I changed the steering effort to stiff and that helped.
Hmmmm, I wonder if you stepping up to 245-35-19 had anything to do with this? Theoretically it shouldn't, but who knows. I'll report back once they're mounted.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
I always thought Bridgestone re11’s were a good comparable tire to the pss. Compared to the ps4s I’d think it’d be dated. In our 19” oem size they’re more expensive than the pss or ps4s, so I’d go with the Michelin anyway. Years ago they were substantially cheaper on a c6 vette sizes vs the pss and I thought they were a great tire, but now I’d go and will go with the ps4s, but the ps4s not the ps4!

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I like a comfortable ride and amongst the 3 it seemed to me at the time I looked that the 4S was a little better. I need to look at the widths again though, wider ones usually ride harder.

Schnell_R

Ready to race!
I have zero complaints with the oem provided conti's. Have 17k on them and they still look good, no track time. When they are worn I'm going to try the PS4s.

ssaylor

Passed Driver's Ed
I would love to get the ps4s, but having them on during a chance cold snap (20 degrees F - even if not driven) requires you to warm them up to over 40 degrees F for 24 hours before they are messed with at all or you can damage them and void the warranty.

Really? Where did you get this info? I just read the PS4S warranty booklet and unless I missed it, I found no such statement. We get can get a couple days below 20 degrees here in the desert but our coldest nights are between 25-35, which hasn’t been a problem with max performance Summer tires on my other cars.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Earlier today I checked again, and chatted with Tirerack. They said all UHP's are temperature sensitive. Even here in Florida, I'm concerned. But they said my OEM Conti's are the same.