GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wiring for a switch

ofektal12

Ready to race!
so i found this switch on aliexpress which comes with a cable to connect it to the car, can someone help me with wiring it to the car?

Parking assist switch tire pressure monitoring switch Cable Harness FOR Golf 7 MK7 5GG 927 238 E 5GG927238E
http://s.aliexpress.com/yI77rAZn
(from AliExpress Android)

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

dr_mk7_il

Ready to race!
Do you have park assist installed with all the sensors as well as coding?
If not, that switch is not going to do anything.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Right...

The function you require will wire the same way on a unit with two blanks...as it will on a unit with no blanks..

VW do not wire things differently when there is no need...

ofektal12

Ready to race!
Right...

The function you require will wire the same way on a unit with two blanks...as it will on a unit with no blanks..

VW do not wire things differently when there is no need...
yea i know the wiring is the samw but in the wirong there is a connector for the park assist module and 2 wires for the tpms, am i right?

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
yea i know the wiring is the samw but in the wirong there is a connector for the park assist module and 2 wires for the tpms, am i right?

It doesn't matter what other functions the unit of 3 switch's have....the function you want wires into the switch the same way...because the switch units are all wired the same way for the same function..so park sensor function is wired the same way in the switch no matter the other switches are functions or blanks...

Why would VW wire a switch differently for the same function??

You have started several threads & asked masses of questions on basic stuff & repeatedly on the same parking sensor kit...

If you are so unsure (which you are) about wiring then do not do this yourself, get an auto electrician or dealer to do it....

Mk5Dom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2.0 TDI CRBC
You have started several threads & asked masses of questions on basic stuff & repeatedly on the same parking sensor kit...

If you are so unsure (which you are) about wiring then do not do this yourself, get an auto electrician or dealer to do it....

ofektal12

Ready to race!
It doesn't matter what other functions the unit of 3 switch's have....the function you want wires into the switch the same way...because the switch units are all wired the same way for the same function..so park sensor function is wired the same way in the switch no matter the other switches are functions or blanks...

Why would VW wire a switch differently for the same function??

i know the wiring is the same but i just dont know where to connect the wires, can you help me with that?

and i keep opening them cuz i dont get answers, no one replys anymore to the old thread.

and paying a electrician will cost more than the wiring, i'll do it myself

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
i know the wiring is the same but i just dont know where to connect the wires, can you help me with that?

and i keep opening them cuz i dont get answers, no one replys anymore to the old thread.

and paying a electrician will cost more than the wiring, i'll do it myself

So there are no instructions with the parking kit you bought?

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
i have 3 blanks there and the kit comes with 3 buttons instead of the 3 blanks

Then there's nowhere to connect the wires. Just pop out the old switches and pop in the new ones.

Are you trying to use the new TPMS button instead of the one that's already in the car? Is it in the glove compartment or in an Infotainment display? If it's in the glove compartment the new switch would probably need to be the same resistance if it's in the CAN. You would need to first measure the resistance in both switches to see if they're comparable, and if they are, trace the wiring from the switch in the glove compartment to see where it connects to a wire loom. Or splice in the new switch. I have no idea where to connect it if you already have it in Infotainment. I don't think that's possible.

Last edited:

ofektal12

Ready to race!
Then there's nowhere to connect the wires. Just pop out the old switches and pop in the new ones.

Are you trying to use the new TPMS button instead of the one that's already in the car? Is it in the glove compartment or in an Infotainment display? If it's in the glove compartment the new switch would probably need to be the same resistance if it's in the CAN. You would need to first measure the resistance in both switches to see if they're comparable, and if they are, trace the wiring from the switch in the glove compartment to see where it connects to a wire loom. Or splice in the new switch. I have no idea where to connect it if you already have it in Infotainment. I don't think that's possible.
i dont have a physical button the only way to use the tpms i through the infotainment there is no button for tpms in the glove box

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate

Are you trying to use the new TPMS button instead of the one that's already in the car? Is it in the glove compartment or in an Infotainment display? I

Please don't confuse them even more FFS!!......

TPMS (indirect) switch can be added I did a how to guide & bought just the switch on its own (no wiring) from Aliexpress.

The reason I added it is direct access instead of power up infotainment & spend 12 secs hunting where the TPMS is in the settings....