GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Painting interior trim

ofektal12

Ready to race!
my Interior Trim is Light Grey and i hate that color, i want it black i think it would look much better, and i saw that new interior pieces for the car can cost about 1200$ and im not paying that price for some plastic, should i paint the trim? and what kind of paint to use?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I wouldn’t paint it. If it gets scuffed after you’ve painted it so the original trim colour shows through the scuff marks it would look terrible IMO. Presumably, your seat upholstery and carpets(?) are light grey too. If you painted the plastic trim, they would no longer match the rest of your interior.

ofektal12

Ready to race!
I wouldn’t paint it. If it gets scuffed after you’ve painted it so the original trim colour shows through the scuff marks it would look terrible IMO. Presumably, your seat upholstery and carpets(?) are light grey too. If you painted the plastic trim, they would no longer match the rest of your interior.

nah that wont happen, and if it will happen i can repaint it its not a big deal, no the rest of my car is black and the carpets are black the only thing that isnt black is the trim pieces and i dont like that color

Trancebolt

Ready to race!
dip them? or wrap? may need to be shaved before wrapping to fit when you go to put them back on. yes the silver trim is no good.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

murtaza911

Ready to race!
I wrapped mine to carbon fibre. It turned out pretty good! It was my first time wrapping, and only a few small imperfections.
The trim is pretty simple, and the wrap is cheap so give it a try.

ofektal12

Ready to race!
I wrapped mine to carbon fibre. It turned out pretty good! It was my first time wrapping, and only a few small imperfections.
The trim is pretty simple, and the wrap is cheap so give it a try.

ok sounds good i'll wrap it, where can i order the wrap from? and is there a trim piece that i need to remove the door or something large to get it or just some clips?

ofektal12

Ready to race!

Attachments

• vw-golf-mk7-interior-black.jpg
    vw-golf-mk7-interior-black.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 5,171

ecsta

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 R
I painted the trim on my last car, and from far it looks good but up close it looks.. painted. Definitely wouldn't recommend it ends up looking cheap.

See if you can buy the trim pieces in a different colour it'll look infinite times better, or just wrap it so you can peel it off after.

ofektal12

Ready to race!
I painted the trim on my last car, and from far it looks good but up close it looks.. painted. Definitely wouldn't recommend it ends up looking cheap.

See if you can buy the trim pieces in a different colour it'll look infinite times better, or just wrap it so you can peel it off after.
yea i'll probably wrap them cuz they are not staying grey xD and buying new trim is abot 1000 $ which im not paying for some plastic

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Vinyl wrap would be my only option outside of swapping for gti trim.

Plastidip and paint will both look terrible, if not at first with time they will

ofektal12

Ready to race!
Vinyl wrap would be my only option outside of swapping for gti trim.

Plastidip and paint will both look terrible, if not at first with time they will
yea i was thinking about wrap but which one should i get to make it look as close to the oem black as possible

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk