GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deactivate Start/Stop with OBDEleven

djbryan14

Hi guys,
I just recently got my OBDEleven and did some coding to my 2015 Golf SW TDI. My partner just recently purchased a 2018 Tiguan SE w/ Sunroof. The car has stop/start and he hates it. There is a button to deactivate it, but you have to press it every time you start the car. I did some research on how to deactivate it by changing the voltage threshold to 12. However, there is no "Start/stop start voltage limit" under adaptations. There is a "deactivate start/stop" option. I changed that from disabled (default setting) to enabled, but the start/stop still works unless you push the button.

Any suggestions?

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
Hello! I have seen some users such as DV52 have shown if you change the voltage limits you can disable start/stop via "the voltage method" from here: http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/666/start-stop

The "voltage method" tweak goes something like this:

Select Gateway - 19
Select Adaptation
Select Start/stop start voltage limit
Change existing value from 7.6 V to 12.1
Exit Software, switch ignition off/on and Start Stop should be permanently off (and you have saved yourself the credits)

It may vary slightly with the new tiguan, but as it's mqb, i suspect the architecture is very similar that you should be able to find it easily.

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Apparently fuel is free where you guys live?

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

djbryan14

Hello! I have seen some users such as DV52 have shown if you change the voltage limits you can disable start/stop via "the voltage method" from here: http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/666/start-stop

The "voltage method" tweak goes something like this:

Select Gateway - 19
Select Adaptation
Select Start/stop start voltage limit
Change existing value from 7.6 V to 12.1
Exit Software, switch ignition off/on and Start Stop should be permanently off (and you have saved yourself the credits)

It may vary slightly with the new tiguan, but as it's mqb, i suspect the architecture is very similar that you should be able to find it easily.

Thanks. I figured it out, it is the same for the 18 Tiguan.