GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 R vs newer Civic SI

GLFR

YES ... I know this is not a race ... BUT and a big but here ... the gent in the Civic SI thought it was ... I was only having fun since he invited me ...

Here it goes ... we pull onto a 4 lane city hwy posted like 50 mph. I have my windows down and he guns it in 1st gear hits the rev limiter slams 2nd gear ... meanwhile I was simply regulating my speed with his ... leaving him thinking he was doing well against my car .... I hear him go for 3rd and I simply relax my right foot and BOOM ... pull away .... I only had another 200 yards or so for my next turn. He zooms by me as I am making my turn ... The end ...

I am not a Civic guru as it were ... appeared to be fairly new with coffee can hanging out the back ... color was that burned orange ....

I think I insulted my car ..... bwa ha ha ha ...

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I am convinced most people in civic SI's, hatchback sports, elantra sports never been in anything actually fast. They just dont know any better and are just enjoying their car cause it is quicker than the everyday normal car and to them, its fast af. I dont think theyre rice or anything.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I am convinced most people in civic SI's, hatchback sports, elantra sports never been in anything actually fast. They just dont know any better and are just enjoying their car cause it is quicker than the everyday normal car and to them, its fast af. I dont think theyre rice or anything.

Not by itself. The unwarranted superior attitude certain members of that crowd has is “rice” to me, gives me a sense of schadenfreude beating them down. How German of me

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Not by itself. The unwarranted superior attitude certain members of that crowd has is “rice” to me, gives me a sense of schadenfreude beating them down. How German of me

oh yea for sure. The cocky lane merging and constant tailgating then they floor it to pass you, only taking a whole 20 seconds.

Sir_Mk7r

Ready to race!
Had a similar experience with a new 9th gen Si with the torquey (?) k24.

Me and this guy where driving two lane roads with the speed limit at 35mph for a few minutes and right before the exit ramp to i75 he flies around me and pulls in front of me to get on the ramp. after slowing down to make the turn onto the ramp he floors it up the ramp, by this point I am curious to see how my R compare, so I give it a little gas, maybe half throttle and I easily clear the distance between us. I am now on his bumper and I see his car start to try and pull a little more like he was not quite giving it full throttle before but now he definitely was. I stay right on his bumper and we hit the first lane on the express way and I then give my car everything it has and fly around him! I look down as I pass him and I am climbing over 104mph and start to slow down... I didn't see him again for the rest of my commute.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
oh yea for sure. The cocky lane merging and constant tailgating then they floor it to pass you, only taking a whole 20 seconds.

Pretty much every BRZ/FRS/86 driver I encounter. Super aggressive looking car, aggressive driving, slow AF. I posted an image of one I "raced", if you can even call it that. Looked like a car straight out of Fast and Furious. I was basically stock with stage 1 tune and it wasn't even close. On low grip all seasons lol. Spinning the tires from a roll :confused:

Mels15GTI

Ready to race!
Pretty much every BRZ/FRS/86 driver I encounter. Super aggressive looking car, aggressive driving, slow AF. I posted an image of one I "raced", if you can even call it that. Looked like a car straight out of Fast and Furious. I was basically stock with stage 1 tune and it wasn't even close. On low grip all seasons lol. Spinning the tires from a roll :confused:

I ran one from a roll once, I shifted into 5th at 60 just to see ho I would keep up , the guy was probably in 3rd giving it the beans, he was barely pulling on me, I know there is some fast ones out there, I just haven’t run across one yet.

Hoon

Autocross Champion
They’d have to have a lot of work done to be fast.. for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really want to build one at some point.

We had a local guy put one together with all eBay and used parts. Trapped close to 150. Granted he knows his shit

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I really want to build one at some point.

We had a local guy put one together with all eBay and used parts. Trapped close to 150. Granted he knows his shit

yea FI for sure and thats at least 5k to start. imo not worth it to build a car where you have to spend 5k to get it to where it should have been stock. Cause lets be honest, the "build" wont actually start until after you drop the FI in there.