GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is it a possibility to run staggered wheels on my R??

iTsLiKeAnEgG

Ready to race!
Hey sorry for the delayed response guys. Thank you for all the tips. And comments. Yes my mk7r is bagged, and right now im running 235/35/19 all around with around 1 degree of camber in the rear so it tucks nicely. I always have an issue posting pics on here so if you want to check out my IG. My ig name is xchrisxbk. Anyway, im going for a bit more agressive fitment for the rear, i really like the way staggered wheels look. And i was considering going 9.5 rear. Which would give me the fitment im looking for, plus the rims i have go concave after 9 inch. So it would give me alittle bit of an added visual look too as a bonus. Just wanted to know if 8.5 front and 9.5 rear would be a good idea. I think it would look dope and it would make for alittle bit more of an aggresive stance.

I don't know if a 9.5 would fit without body work.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
9.5 will 100% fit without "bodywork". I started a air ride thread where you might find helpful advice, but per usual the staying stock till I die crowd is here.

I'm glad you guys don't appreciate my mk6 set up, that's what's fun about being low. It was a Tdi so wasn't going fast anyway, might as well confuse old people

But don't worry fellas, put the life alert down. I'm now conforming to mk7 forum rule (SLAMMED ON VWR SPRINGS)

Last edited:

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
9.5 will 100% fit without "bodywork". I started a air ride thread where you might find helpful advice, but per usual the staying stock till I die crowd is here.

I'm glad you guys don't appreciate my mk6 set up, that's what's fun about being low. It was a Tdi so wasn't going fast anyway, might as well confuse old people

But don't worry fellas, put the life alert down. I'm now conforming to mk7 forum rule (SLAMMED ON VWR SPRINGS)

Thank God you stopped being a ricer :p

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
235 on a 9.5" wide wheel will look a bit stretched.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
235 on a 9.5" wide wheel will look a bit stretched.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have a 235 on 8.5" and there is a mild stretch

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I have 235 8.5" setup and it is not even a mild stretch. Can't even tell the difference from the OEM 8" setup.

OEM Conti 19" tire on 8.5" RSe10 wheels.

Going to from 8 to 8.5 was a notable difference.. I'll put up some pics. Do you have pics?

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
stock Pretoria is 8"

So are the stock Cadiz. I have 235s on my 8" Petrols and they actually give me a bit of rim protection.

As to the "lol you guys are dum" comments, no one is saying low is bad. But when your tire is 2" skinnier than your wheel, you do in fact look sketchy as hell.

xChrisx718

Passed Driver's Ed
I know that 9.5 will for because my friend has a mk7R on bags running 9.5, 19's all around and there is no rubbing ur anything in the rear. Ill figure it out eventually, just running my options right now.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I know that 9.5 will for because my friend has a mk7R on bags running 9.5, 19's all around and there is no rubbing ur anything in the rear. Ill figure it out eventually, just running my options right now.

I guess you get tossed around in your R on bags like a ping pong ball on NYC roads! lol :D