GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Review of CTS turbo mounts wanted

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
It's $203.98 for the engine and transmission Cts mounts right now. That's pretty cheap. Anyone know how good they are? How bad would the NVH be? After installing the neuspeed dogbone mount my golf is like a 60's muscle car.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
It looks to be the same as the 034 density mounts.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I can only speak for BFI stage 2 mounts, but they're well worth the money and NVH

As far as NVH I personally don't feel it's that bad (6mt, DSG is always worse from what I've seen) but wheel hop is completely eliminated and traction is greatly improved because of that

EShadowbrook

Passed Driver's Ed
It looks to be the same as the 034 density mounts.

The 034 and CTS are supposedly different durometers. But I agree they look exactly the same. I went as far as asking 034 about this and they said they used better, higher quality rubber in their mounts. I wouldnt be surprised if they came out of the exact same factory in China.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I can only speak for BFI stage 2 mounts, but they're well worth the money and NVH

As far as NVH I personally don't feel it's that bad (6mt, DSG is always worse from what I've seen) but wheel hop is completely eliminated and traction is greatly improved because of that

Awesome. Guess it's worth it. Not sure if my NVH can get any worse. How is wheel hop related to drivetrain lash?

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
The 034 and CTS are supposedly different durometers. But I agree they look exactly the same. I went as far as asking 034 about this and they said they used better, higher quality rubber in their mounts. I wouldnt be surprised if they came out of the exact same factory in China.

Almost certainly. Neither of them are making them in house. Probably the exact same item minus the logo.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Awesome. Guess it's worth it. Not sure if my NVH can get any worse. How is wheel hop related to drivetrain lash?

Doesn't exist. Zero slop in the drivetrain, precise shifts, mild vibration I'd compare to any stock non German car with the AC on at idle (my moms Toyota for example)

Of course there's people hear who will tell you the car will shake so bad parts will fall off too, but most of them don't even have anything done to their car and just "read it on the internet". I've had all three stage 2 BFI mounts on my last two GTI for a combined total of 85,000+ miles

how to upload photos online

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I'm running the ecs engine mount and BFI stage 1 trans mount... cool setup. The ecs engine mount did add minor nvh, but it decreases as time goes and you can hear the gears working it's crazy. No wheel hop at all and shifts feel super crisp. I upgraded after my third 034 dog bone insert bent lol.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't exist. Zero slop in the drivetrain, precise shifts, mild vibration I'd compare to any stock non German car with the AC on at idle (my moms Toyota for example)

Of course there's people hear who will tell you the car will shake so bad parts will fall off too, but most of them don't even have anything done to their car and just "read it on the internet". I've had all three stage 2 BFI mounts on my last two GTI for a combined total of 85,000+ miles

how to upload photos online

With nothing but a 3" downpipe and a Neuspeed dog bone mount it's enough shaking to mildly annoy me and REALLY annoy my girlfriend.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
The engine mount I think you just take the coolant res loose, but don't need to completely remove it iirc

The trans mount I bought the insert, not the full mount, since the complete mount is just an OEM one with the insert already installed. For that you remove the intake, battery, and ecu. Drill out two spot welds in the mount and put it all back together. All in it takes about an hour to do both mounts taking your time (properly torque the bolts, supporting the engine, etc)

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Did you guys remove anything to install the motor mount? Trans mount looks like a slight pain but not too horrible.

The engine mount is a piece of cake took me 10 minutes. You have to remove the battery and the tray to get to the trans mount. There's a wire harness on top that can be a bit annoying during the removal, install, and torquing process. It's not bad at all use a 2x4 on the jack and support the engine and trans.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
The engine mount is a piece of cake took me 10 minutes. You have to remove the battery and the tray to get to the trans mount. There's a wire harness on top that can be a bit annoying during the removal, install, and torquing process. It's not bad at all use a 2x4 on the jack and support the engine and trans.

You used a regular jack instead of an engine lift? And thanks

I ordered both CTS mounts btw. Might as well for that price. Hopefully it drives like a crisp beast

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I also used a floor jack and block of wood. All you're doing is supporting the engine (or trans) while you swap mounts. No need for anything more or less