GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cobb stage 1 focus rs vs mk7 gti

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
Nice run, my buddy has one of those that's nearly full bolt on with a tune and it's a damn fast car

Mike Ralph

Ready to race!
Yeah he will eventually beat me if he keeps throwing money at it.. either that or the engine will go lol!! They are very hard launching cars as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

depth_charged

Ready to race!
2.3L focus RS with AWD should be the faster car for sure.

I had a Focus RS before a GTI... the 350 hp / 350 tq is way overrated on that car. My GTI with a JB4 feels more consistent than the RS, which always felt like a dice roll for how much power you were going to get when you put the pedal down.

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
2.3L focus RS with AWD should be the faster car for sure.

That's not true. My stock turbo GTI puts car lengths on my buddy's downpipe/intake/intercooler/tune RS. An is38 car is unlikely to have any problems with an RS

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Gotta love the Is38, no wonder you were feeling confident. Yesterday coming back from Maryland to Philly I had a nice RT driving by my side 60mp/h for 2 minutes and nobody else in the highway, rolled down the windows, looked at me... and it was just then when my wife said, don't even think about it...

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
That's not true. My stock turbo GTI puts car lengths on my buddy's downpipe/intake/intercooler/tune RS. An is38 car is unlikely to have any problems with an RS

They must be highly overrating the power rating then. However it's probable that your friend sucks at driving no offense... The RS is faster in a drag race than the Golf R and Civic R https://youtu.be/D82QJlj-ruo and the AWD is better on a track and poor conditions. I mean a GTI isn't the same class

Last edited:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
They must be highly overrating the power rating then. However it's probable that your friend sucks at driving no offense... The RS is faster in a drag race than the Golf R and Civic R https://youtu.be/D82QJlj-ruo and the AWD is better on a track and poor conditions. I mean a GTI isn't the same class

That's all stock for stock. The R and Gti are severely detuned and have shit tires stock. JB4 or stage one and a $500 set of Firestone Indy 500 tires and either car can whoop on the Civic or RS

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
That's all stock for stock. The R and Gti are severely detuned and have shit tires stock. JB4 or stage one and a $500 set of Firestone Indy 500 tires and either car can whoop on the Civic or RS

He said a stock GTI though. I do agree our cars are undertuned and much better overall! :p

mk7rip

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
mk7
He said a stock GTI though. I do agree our cars are undertuned and much better overall! :p

I don't know where anyone said stock. Video car is is38 and my car is stock turbo but nowhere near the same speed as a stock gti. And my buddy drives the hell out of his focus RS.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion

A DSG stock R, wins the drag race against a stock ford RS. Both tuned the R puts bus lengths on the RS. A gti, which weighs less, with the R turbo on it, so automatically is tuned probably with an intercooler and dp, will crush an RS from a roll no matter how many bolt ons they've got. Bolt on tuned RS's are in the mid to high 12s, tune only DSG R's are high 11 to low 12 second cars.

Ford quotes their RS hp on premium gas, with overboost feature, the reality is its 320hp which the trap speeds confirm. A bone stock 04-17 Sti is neck and neck with a stock RS. Besides the fact that their trick dif overheats on the track and their blocks are known for cracking they are weak cars after the launch, just like sti's, a DSG R can launch also unlike the manual R guys, apparently UM has LC tuning available or nearly available for the stick guys. But the RS was/is all hype and drift mode otherwise a real disappointment for its claimed hp.

depth_charged

Ready to race!
A DSG stock R, wins the drag race against a stock ford RS. Both tuned the R puts bus lengths on the RS. A gti, which weighs less, with the R turbo on it, so automatically is tuned probably with an intercooler and dp, will crush an RS from a roll no matter how many bolt ons they've got. Bolt on tuned RS's are in the mid to high 12s, tune only DSG R's are high 11 to low 12 second cars.

Ford quotes their RS hp on premium gas, with overboost feature, the reality is its 320hp which the trap speeds confirm. A bone stock 04-17 Sti is neck and neck with a stock RS. Besides the fact that their trick dif overheats on the track and their blocks are known for cracking they are weak cars after the launch, just like sti's, a DSG R can launch also unlike the manual R guys, apparently UM has LC tuning available or nearly available for the stick guys. But the RS was/is all hype and drift mode otherwise a real disappointment for its claimed hp.

This... and there is no reliable way to get the overboost to function. There were quite a few reasons I sold my RS, but a big one was there was no way to know when you were going to get your "20 seconds of overboost" and have a car that felt fast.

It sucks that the hype train of reviews failed to mention this, but I think that comes from only driving the car for a day. I was really impressed when I test drove mine.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I don't know where anyone said stock. Video car is is38 and my car is stock turbo but nowhere near the same speed as a stock gti. And my buddy drives the hell out of his focus RS.

Your statement was ambiguous when you said stock turbo GTI, I see you meant IS20. :cool:

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
This... and there is no reliable way to get the overboost to function. There were quite a few reasons I sold my RS, but a big one was there was no way to know when you were going to get your "20 seconds of overboost" and have a car that felt fast.

It sucks that the hype train of reviews failed to mention this, but I think that comes from only driving the car for a day. I was really impressed when I test drove mine.

The hype train of reviews are pretty deceiving since nothing in this thread I've seen mentioned else where :eek: