GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Tail Lights - Ziza or Helix?

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
Unless LED Tail Lights offered proper (=bright) backup lights I'd just save money for something that mattered. Better headlights - sure (but R already has these). I'm not a fan of pixelated LEDs (front or back), and besides novelty there's no redeeming value to these (maybe amber turns here, if done right). For all intents and purposes, incandescent bulbs work fine for many applications and is dirt cheap to replace (sure LEDs don't burn but PCB boards do go bad and module with missing dots is even worse that pixelated one in cheap assemblies).

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I'm not sure what you mean by that - do I google search that?

I also heard good things about USP Motorsports -

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Volk...Lights/MK7-GTI-Golf-R-LED-Tail-Light-Set.html

They're telling you to get the OEM lights from E-acca, which is a company based in Europe. Their site is a bit in the clunky side (and you have to register for an account), but they sometimes do have lower prices than the US vendors. They also get parts straight from the VW factories, I believe.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
They're telling you to get the OEM lights from E-acca, which is a company based in Europe. Their site is a bit in the clunky side (and you have to register for an account), but they sometimes do have lower prices than the US vendors. They also get parts straight from the VW factories, I believe.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sometimes ? You mean all the things they say are from 25-50 percent off what companies here charge

Part number 5G1052200 for the tinted R oem tails. I buy all my stuff from them. Super fast shipping as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Sometimes ? You mean all the things they say are from 25-50 percent off what companies here charge

Part number 5G1052200 for the tinted R oem tails. I buy all my stuff from them. Super fast shipping as well.

Lol better safe than sorry. I'm used to my workplace, where if you say something like "XYZ is always cheaper" everyone's going to hold you to it. I haven't looked for that many parts, so I wouldn't know. There's also Cars245 to look at -- their pricing fluctuates...

I do have to add to your original post though. OP: I'd also go with OEM so you know you're getting parts that have been approved to go on VW's own production vehicles. I've seen stories of replica tails leaking water into the hatch when it rains (see GrizzlyTV on YouTube). Of course this isn't always the case, but if something does go wrong, everyone will tell you "well, you didn't get the real thing."

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah cars245 is good to they will price match eacca as well. Cars245 is shallot about 10-20 dollars more on the lights at least than eacca

gtowngovernor

Ready to race!
Are there LED bulbs available for the stock lights? I assume they won't look as nice but will probably cost 10 x cheaper. Am I correct?