GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7 Exhaust Tech. How to get the sound you want.

teemmy

Ready to race!
Quick review on my experience with the vibrant 17930 resonator. I took gtijakes advice and replaced my stock resonator. I have an is38 along with a bull x catted downpipe that's non resonated. I was getting a tiny bit of drone on the freeway but it never bothered me too much and it wasn't really noticeable unless I was driving on an incline. I decided to give the vibrant a shot and it did exactly what gtijake said. No more drone. BUT I did lose something that made me not sure if I'm 100% happy with my decision. I lost the little pops and crackles I would get when letting off the gas in first or second gear at low speeds :(

Long story short, if you have drone and you want to get rid of it, go with the vibrant 17930.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Quick review on my experience with the vibrant 17930 resonator. I took gtijakes advice and replaced my stock resonator. I have an is38 along with a bull x catted downpipe that's non resonated. I was getting a tiny bit of drone on the freeway but it never bothered me too much and it wasn't really noticeable unless I was driving on an incline. I decided to give the vibrant a shot and it did exactly what gtijake said. No more drone. BUT I did lose something that made me not sure if I'm 100% happy with my decision. I lost the little pops and crackles I would get when letting off the gas in first or second gear at low speeds :(

Long story short, if you have drone and you want to get rid of it, go with the vibrant 17930.

Nice so aftermarket catted DP and stock cat back. You replaced the factory resonator with the Vibrant 17930 and the minimal drone it had is gone?

king12sky

Ready to race!
Nice so aftermarket catted DP and stock cat back. You replaced the factory resonator with the Vibrant 17930 and the minimal drone it had is gone?

I'm thinking of doing this as well as replacing the muffler. Idk if I should go with vibrant/magnaflow combo or b&b timbre/muffler. Since I'm having really good results with the apr downpipe and it's so easy to install, I don't want to go another route.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
Years ago when I was heavily into Datsun 510s we would run a header back to a 18" glasspack then the rear would have a muffler. This worked very well and I had zero drone.

This Vibrant is basically a Cherry Bomb. If it works as well on the MK7 as my old 510s I would definitely recommend them.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
I'm thinking of doing this as well as replacing the muffler. Idk if I should go with vibrant/magnaflow combo or b&b timbre/muffler. Since I'm having really good results with the apr downpipe and it's so easy to install, I don't want to go another route.

The Timbre reduces the drone by 70% ish.

If this is no drone that would be great.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
What i meant is 2 muffler will be louder right? All the set up is the AWE/Milltek set aka 1 muffler 1 resonator. Im just curious about having 2 mufflers like the BB or neuspeed exhaust Will the sound be significantly louder or stays the same.

I honestly can't say for sure, I'd assume you're correct since you'd have more straight through flow (muffler on each side correct?)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Years ago when I was heavily into Datsun 510s we would run a header back to a 18" glasspack then the rear would have a muffler. This worked very well and I had zero drone.

This Vibrant is basically a Cherry Bomb. If it works as well on the MK7 as my old 510s I would definitely recommend them.

Kinda, but a cherry bomb has fiberglass packing. The case of the Vibrant is just open air. Plus of course 304L stainless vs the cherry bomb being mild steel

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
interesting experience with drone recently. When i went from the side exit to the center exit this week (nothing else changed) and i certainly noticed more drone right at 1800-2100. on the highway thats between 65-68. Its not unbearable but it would be nice to reduce it a bit without sacrificing any other elements of the exhaust. honestly, i could go for some more high frequency information at WOT. but i think id need a dp to achieve that.

CattBrown

BUT I did lose something that made me not sure if I'm 100% happy with my decision. I lost the little pops and crackles I would get when letting off the gas in first or second gear at low speeds :(

Thanks for posting this, the crackles and pops put a smile on my face when I'm cruising around low speed, windows down - I definitely don't want to lose that.

Is there a solution to get more burbles and pops and possible a louder, deeper idle? I always remembered the Dodge SRT4's having a deep, aggressive idle with A TON of turbine spool coming through under acceleration, met with some good cracks and pops on deacceleration. Basically how do I get that if that's possible. Currently have the APR catted downpipe and stock catback.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Thanks for posting this, the crackles and pops put a smile on my face when I'm cruising around low speed, windows down - I definitely don't want to lose that.

Is there a solution to get more burbles and pops and possible a louder, deeper idle other than more cylinders.

His stock muffler is killing the pops and crackles. I have a 17950 and straight through Borla muffler and still get them on deceleration

I've been wondering what a DP and Vibrant without a muffler at all would be like. Loud I'm sure, but as far as I know nobody's tried it. It would for sure have pops and crackles with no muffler to absorb them

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Is there a solution to get more burbles and pops and possible a louder, deeper idle? I always remembered the Dodge SRT4's having a deep, aggressive idle with A TON of turbine spool coming through under acceleration, met with some good cracks and pops on deacceleration. Basically how do I get that if that's possible. Currently have the APR catted downpipe and stock catback.

Our tunes are much cleaner and smoother running than a SRT4. Also variable valve timing changes our exhaust note above 3,000 rpm so the short answer is no.

Upgrading the catback will get you closer but I'll never be that deep and burbling

mw1978

Ready to race!
Photobucket doesn't host images free anymore, so we can't see the pic
Ok again :)
What You Thinking? DP catted plus helmholz redonator