GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fueling for straight e85...?

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I know these cars have enough fueling for 400 plus whp. Has anyone on a tune or piggyback logged straight corn? Generally you need 30% more fueling. A 300-330 whp car should be good I would think. Thoughts?

Deviation01

Go Kart Champion
I know these cars have enough fueling for 400 plus whp. Has anyone on a tune or piggyback logged straight corn? Generally you need 30% more fueling. A 300-330 whp car should be good I would think. Thoughts?

I might be wrong but I dont think our stock fuel pump provide the fuel needed.

Perry01

Ready to race!

My thoughts are: you can easily achieve 300-330 WHP at stage 2 or piggyback using E15 gasoline. Upgrading your fueling system is not really cost effective unless you want 400 HP and have a custom tune to support the E85 fuel.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Either that or do we have bigger di injectors on the market for full e85.
I remember that being the main issue over in mazdaspeed land.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
My thoughts are: you can easily achieve 300-330 WHP at stage 2 or piggyback using E15 gasoline. Upgrading your fueling system is not really cost effective unless you want 400 HP and have a custom tune to support the E85 fuel.

Agreed... were already making 300-330whp on 93oct flash tunes like apr and ED. I would "imagine" that on a Cobb custom map, or on Maestro when it comes... you could squeeze another 20-25 whp on e30. Just a guess.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Just thinking the cooling properties (cylinder temps) would be lower with straight corn. Very helpful in summer heat.

Venumous

Ready to race!
Not sure of the DI injector options for E85? On my dinosaur motor EJ25 2015 STI I went from 287 to 315whp 93 to E85 by upping the boost just 2psi. On my Coyote I can could see 100whp per cylinder by swapping to E85 no problem.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Thats just retarded on the coyote lol. Yeah the sti and rex could make lot more switching to e85 on a protune, and you kept those ringlands happy :)

GTI_TRACK_RAT

Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Apr should be releasing a fueling kit for e85 soon they are clamming to be around 400hp and 410 foot lbs of torque at the crank with an is38 turbo.

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
I got some interesting information at water fest. I was walking buy the APR both and noticed on one of their MQB cars had a E85 sensor. So I decided to go up to one of there reps and ask about it. At first he was like what are you talking about. I said let me show you and showed him the car and sensor. We started talking. He said they were having issues with the key cycle or something like that. But anyway I asked him what hardware would be needed to run full e85 on a is38 GTI and if I would need there port injection. He said no that you can run e50 on the stock fuel system. And you would only need a lpfp to run full e85. I don't know how accurate this information is. But last time I talked to UM they told me that you could run e50 on full boost on the stock system with there flex fuel kit. To me this is big news it might be more affordable than originally thought to run e85.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
I got some interesting information at water fest. I was walking buy the APR both and noticed on one of their MQB cars had a E85 sensor. So I decided to go up to one of there reps and ask about it. At first he was like what are you talking about. I said let me show you and showed him the car and sensor. We started talking. He said they were having issues with the key cycle or something like that. But anyway I asked him what hardware would be needed to run full e85 on a is38 GTI and if I would need there port injection. He said no that you can run e50 on the stock fuel system. And you would only need a lpfp to run full e85. I don't know how accurate this information is. But last time I talked to UM they told me that you could run e50 on full boost on the stock system with there flex fuel kit. To me this is big news it might be more affordable than originally thought to run e85.

Either he is dumb or a really bad liar. Makes it hard to take the rest of his statement seriously........

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
I have been running e50-e60 lately. Really helps the car in the 90 degree heat. Runs like it's 45-50 degrees outside. FYI.

Venumous

Ready to race!
Damn that's a lot to ask of the ECU and fuel pump in my opinion. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Mr.boles

Ready to race!
By no means I'm a fan of APR I run Eurodyne software. I just thought it was funny that I noticed a flex fuel sensor on a car and then Tyler runs a 10.11 and traps 142 mph. In my head I thought something up 142 mph that crazy something changed. Well turns out he's running e90 with a lpfp development head and built motor. Coincidence I think not. Besides what he had on his original stage 3+