GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed power module 7 psi vs 2016 STI cob

Joverclock

Passed Driver's Ed
Raced from 10- 90. He had a cobb tune and an exhaust. We were pretty much even and pulled on him in 3rd by about a bumper. Really fun race and I'm surprised my little GTI did so well. I have a cone filter on stock tubing and the NPM set to +7. Running 93 plus 2.5 gallons of e85. No lift shift into 3rd. The guy was really cool and said about 3 times at the next light ... DAM that thing is fast!! It was around 88F out and im sure Im losing power from the filter but ... THe sounds!!

fatloserboi

Ready to race!
Good kill.. Do you run +7 psi much? And 2.5 gallons of e85 on a full tank will allow this to run properly? Btw have you done the octane calculations for this mixture?
Cheers!

Venumous

Ready to race!
Raced from 10- 90. He had a cobb tune and an exhaust. We were pretty much even and pulled on him in 3rd by about a bumper. Really fun race and I'm surprised my little GTI did so well. I have a cone filter on stock tubing and the NPM set to +7. Running 93 plus 2.5 gallons of e85. No lift shift into 3rd. The guy was really cool and said about 3 times at the next light ... DAM that thing is fast!! It was around 88F out and im sure Im losing power from the filter but ... THe sounds!!

Amazed you had traction to stay with him at 10mph.. Had a 15 STI with full bolt-ons and E85. 1st to 3rd that car was pretty quick, after that modded GTI would walk away.

Venumous

Ready to race!
Good kill.. Do you run +7 psi much? And 2.5 gallons of e85 on a full tank will allow this to run properly? Btw have you done the octane calculations for this mixture?
Cheers!

Would be about 95.27 octane equivalent if mixed with 93 and 10% ethanol.

Venumous

Ready to race!
Thanks for the calculation.. I don't deal well with gallons.. Lol

Is 95 octane enough for +7 psi?

I don't know much about NSPM, only JB4 and Cobb. People are definitely running 7+ on JB4 but it has a higher degree of ECU controls I'm pretty sure.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
What...? Neuspeed Power Module...no way. Lol. I'm running E40 on the plus 5 and it feels great. Have not run the 7 in a while. Great kill!

Joverclock

Passed Driver's Ed
it was fun and the traction control managed to not kick in and kill the boost in first. I had it in ESC sport but even that doesnt always work well. Many months back I had a jb1 (and it feels pretty much the same) Beat a loud 4g63 evo which forever was my dream car(from a roll) Love this GTI!
Going to be racing my buddies all motor b18c in 99 civic coupe. ill get a video of what happens. Going to be close.