GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Does the center 2017 glove box open

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
I use mine all the time... just put tie wraps around them instead of dealing with glue since I tend to make a mess. Took less than a minute to do.

yeah that was my first contribution to the community. Easy peasy and no gunk around it when the temps change ;).

As long as we have a choice :D

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
I used the ECS "kit". I was ordering something else from them anyways and while overpriced, it's a good solid solution. Only potential hitch installing is stripping the damn screws, which is easy as they're screwed in with some insane amount of force. I had no problem, 5-minue job, and since the armrest sits at a comfortable angle for me, I don't mind that it doesn't have the ratcheting adjustment.

artur1292

Go Kart Champion
The trick with Allen, torqx and triple squares is make sure they are in the slot correctly and all the way. If you are unsure give it a little tap to make sure it is fully seated then start to loosen/tighten them otherwise you risk the tool slipping causing the head to strip or it will just strip in general because it isn't seated all the way.

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
I used the ECS "kit". I was ordering something else from them anyways and while overpriced, it's a good solid solution. Only potential hitch installing is stripping the damn screws, which is easy as they're screwed in with some insane amount of force. I had no problem, 5-minue job, and since the armrest sits at a comfortable angle for me, I don't mind that it doesn't have the ratcheting adjustment.

Just ordered ECSs kit. After install, I assume that since the lid has no front latch, it opens by just lifting the top up. I don't want any ratchet action either. I'd rather it would just open and close.

My wife's 2013 Turbo Beetle Convertible center console squeaks no matter what angle/position the lid is in.

bertrandr

You can also order the OEM Euro center console cover & hinge with the proper ratcheting (height adjustable) function from either e-acca.com or cars425.com
Not cheap - $230 USD + shipping. But it will restore full factory functionality - Looks like an easy install....

The OEM part number is: 5G0864207FCMR

BR

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
You can also order the OEM Euro center console ...

I think the only reason to go this route is if the height of the arm rest isn't comfortable in the (single, unadjustable) closed position with the stock item. In addition to the expense, the installation has to be a PITA. Because the stock height suits my right elbow perfectly, I feel no need to go whole-hog and replace the entire assembly. YMMV.

I also added a tray to mine from Ebay. Nice for holding little items and keeping them close to the top, so that you don't have to dig in that relatively deep cavity. Also, it creates a nice "secret compartment" as it's not obvious that it's removable, and in fact sits snug in the space and has to be yanked pretty hard to come out. Prior to adding that I also added the little rubber mat for the bottom that's generally missing in NAR-spec cars. E-acca has them dirt cheap. Lastly, also shown is the little torch light VW sells that replaces the plastic plug in the 12v socket. Very handy, if a bit pricy. Available at ECS.

gtowngovernor

Ready to race!
I think the only reason to go this route is if the height of the arm rest isn't comfortable in the (single, unadjustable) closed position with the stock item. In addition to the expense, the installation has to be a PITA. Because the stock height suits my right elbow perfectly, I feel no need to go whole-hog and replace the entire assembly. YMMV.

I also added a tray to mine from Ebay. Nice for holding little items and keeping them close to the top, so that you don't have to dig in that relatively deep cavity. Also, it creates a nice "secret compartment" as it's not obvious that it's removable, and in fact sits snug in the space and has to be yanked pretty hard to come out. Prior to adding that I also added the little rubber mat for the bottom that's generally missing in NAR-spec cars. E-acca has them dirt cheap. Lastly, also shown is the little torch light VW sells that replaces the plastic plug in the 12v socket. Very handy, if a bit pricy. Available at ECS.

Links please! (for both items)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk