GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R started braking out of no where.

aram

Today I was taking a ride in my R I was doing about 20-30 MPH and the car started full braking and an Icon apeared on the Screen even tho no cars were infront of me at all. this is the second time this happens Im worried if this happens on the high way and someone rear end's my car. I took a picture of it right away And here is the icon

https://ibb.co/kL4EFk

Last edited:

Bdurrell

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Z06
My 2017 did that last week. My vehicle actually came to a complete and abrupt stop. No cars were behind or in front of me. I put it in park and got out and walked in front of my car. A large piece of paper had become lodged in my grill, directly in front of the radar sensor. Who would have thought that would have an impact.......

veedubfreak

Go Kart Champion
Just curious, since this is likely to become an issue in the next few years. Who is at fault insurance wise if someone's car decides to stop from 55-0 on the highway and causes a giant pile up.

dkennedy

Passed Driver's Ed
I imagine if it's a factory defect it's the liability of VW. If they find it to be a problem that occurs in more than just a few edge cases, they'd likely issue a recall for the required repairs to help alleviate said liability.

aram

My 2017 did that last week. My vehicle actually came to a complete and abrupt stop. No cars were behind or in front of me. I put it in park and got out and walked in front of my car. A large piece of paper had become lodged in my grill, directly in front of the radar sensor. Who would have thought that would have an impact.......

well mine has the radar on top of the car. I also thought about the same thing like there could be something blocking Radar's view but it was pretty clear. also the first time it happened it was raining maybe because of that?