GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question..New Engine.

kgmm/sss

Passed Driver's Ed
9k RPM likely valve float causing the valves to kiss the pistons. Not enough to CATO the engine but enough to cause major issues.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Engine alone..$10,700-11,000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, this is never the right answer.

When my AP1 S2000 motor popped a cylinder wall was cracked and could not be sleeved. So the quote from the dealer was ~$12,000 for a new block installed at the Honda dealer.

I ended up finding a used motor 200 miles away for $3,000 on eBay. (My dad was nice enough to pick it up in his truck for me) , I got the seller to throw in a flywheel and paid a shop $900 to remove the engine/trans, unmarried said union, install clutch flywheel and remarry old trans to new to me engine.

I think all in all I got out of it around $4k.

Not too bad at all things considered. Especially with how limited production the S2000 is and the awesomeness of the motor.

Never had any issues after swap.

Vdub13

Ready to race!
Yeah, this is never the right answer.

When my AP1 S2000 motor popped a cylinder wall was cracked and could not be sleeved. So the quote from the dealer was ~$12,000 for a new block installed at the Honda dealer.

I ended up finding a used motor 200 miles away for $3,000 on eBay. (My dad was nice enough to pick it up in his truck for me) , I got the seller to throw in a flywheel and paid a shop $900 to remove the engine/trans, unmarried said union, install clutch flywheel and remarry old trans to new to me engine.

I think all in all I got out of it around $4k.

Not too bad at all things considered. Especially with how limited production the S2000 is and the awesomeness of the motor.

Never had any issues after swap.

There's no way I'm paying for a new engine. Ok doing exactly what you said, IF the overall diagnosis does come up that I do need an engine. Cars on its way to the shop now, praying it's not catastrophic.

Vdub13

Ready to race!
So here's an update I found quite amusing. Tow driver picked up my car from the dealership to take to a shop...apparently they gave him my estimated " total of repair and parts". Made me giggle some.....along with suffering a mini stroke.......$16k.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sum bitches lol I want some of what they are smoking lol why would they disclose that?

Vdub13

Ready to race!
I have no idea. Now my question is...if they were waiting for my approval to run a diagnosis and see exactly what the problem is, then how can they come up with an estimated total cost of what's needed?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have no idea. Now my question is...if they were waiting for my approval to run a diagnosis and see exactly what the problem is, then how can they come up with an estimated total cost of what's needed?

They figured 11k for a new engine taxes and bogus fees plus labor minus 10% Bs discount grand total of 16k bastards

Vdub13

Ready to race!
They figured 11k for a new engine taxes and bogus fees plus labor minus 10% Bs discount grand total of 16k bastards

No now they apparently said something about a new transmission also??? It's all bs man

Vdub13

Ready to race!
Just keep it coming. Tires are bald..radio receives no signal...brakes are worn...the rear wiper doesn't work...the key FOB is broken lol.

Might as well :(