GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R Mileage Thread

Derassassin

Passed Driver's Ed
Haven't seen one of these... how much do you guys drive your R?

I've had mine for just over 2 months with 2100 miles on it now!

Any high mileage commuters in the group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protocall

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm the opposite. Trying to keep mileage low. My '15 R is two years old and just rolled 7,000.

I daily my SRT-4 instead, 117k miles on the original motor and still runs strong.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Derassassin

Passed Driver's Ed
Surely low mileage is nice, I can't disagree with that, but at 40k new I don't think its value will tank with more miles. Exotics for instance obviously lose a lot of value with miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImolaR

Ready to race!
Bought mine Nov 2015 new, have 16k miles. I put less than 1k/month on it. Helps that I have a motorcycle that I have been riding a lot this winter.

joshua1

2 month old 2017 Golf R. 48 miles. Had 12 on the odometer when I bought it. The ride home from the dealership put the rest of the miles on it.

It will be one of my summer dailies. Keeping it away from the nasty Michigan salted roads.

It gets hard to look at it in my garage every morning. Cmon spring!!!!!!!

VW11

2017 purchased in 11/16, currently at 2000. Out of town for work for about half that time and missed it desperately every day! Primarily keeping it garaged until better weather, but it's rough.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
my commute is 65 miles round trip, so I will log significant amount of miles every year.
But, most of the routes are hilly mountain roads with passing center lines, so it will be so much fun with my R.

ronn

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 R (Sold)
Owned since Oct '16 and have ~2600miles on it. Never bothered with winter tires this year so it has seen very little road in the last couple of months.

Yankgiantsfan

Got my 17 on 10/4/17. So coming up on 6 months and I have 4800. My 150 mile a day commute is in a 2005 honda civic. Night and day with these cars. Take the R to work maybe once a week and use on weekends