GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECS tuning SS clutch line

Johnboy1

I installed this today and the car finally feels like a proper stick shift car. I had previously done the Delay valve removal, spring removal off the clutch pedal and the BMS clutch stop. A big Thanks to those who have figured out the free and easy mods and posted them up. When I installed it there was enough clutch line to delete what i think is called a "swirl valve". Its connected to the master cylinder by the firewall. My DIY TTRS clutch kit is on standby for when the warmer weather comes.

Auditech

Passed Driver's Ed
I installed this today and the car finally feels like a proper stick shift car. I had previously done the Delay valve removal, spring removal off the clutch pedal and the BMS clutch stop. A big Thanks to those who have figured out the free and easy mods and posted them up. When I installed it there was enough clutch line to delete what i think is called a "swirl valve". Its connected to the master cylinder by the firewall. My DIY TTRS clutch kit is on standby for when the warmer weather comes.

Swirl valve? Are you telling me there's another stupid valve in this clutch system? Is it able to be omitted with the factory clutch line?

Johnboy1

Auditech

Passed Driver's Ed
Ugh what was wrong with the mk4 clutch systems...oh that's right they're german and like to fix things that aren't broke

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion

So you could tell a difference deleting the "swirl valve"? I have the KMD stainless steel line but it was too short so I left the valve in. Always have been curious if it makes a positive difference to get rid of it. I have done the spring and delay delete, too, but still wish it engaged a little quicker, especially when starting out in 1st gear.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Are the ECS lines meant to delete the "swirl valve" on the MK7? Are they all long enough to do so?

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx

Seems like I'll have to add that to the never ending list of mods. I'm going to do the S3 Short Shifter and Torque Solution shifter bushings next. After that I'll probably do the ECS Ultimate Clutch Pedal Upgrade kit to take care of the clutch line and clutch delay valve. Then remove that spring.

I'm sure these things could have helped me at the Tail of the Dragon last weekend...Lol

Good info

Auditech

Passed Driver's Ed
Seems like I'll have to add that to the never ending list of mods. I'm going to do the S3 Short Shifter and Torque Solution shifter bushings next. After that I'll probably do the ECS Ultimate Clutch Pedal Upgrade kit to take care of the clutch line and clutch delay valve. Then remove that spring.

I'm sure these things could have helped me at the Tail of the Dragon last weekend...Lol

Good info

I recommend the boomba adapter over the s3 shifter, I had the s3 shifter first and the boomba piece is a much better solution imo

Reggie Enchilada

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
yes
*cough* adjustable shifter and relay levers *cough*

Euro/S3 shifter is a good improvement over stock though. It won't work with an adjustable relay lever if you get one though. The counter-weight rubs on the relay lever.

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
I recommend the boomba adapter over the s3 shifter, I had the s3 shifter first and the boomba piece is a much better solution imo

You know...I almost dismissed your recommendation because I decided on the S3 + shifter bushings based on other recommendations. Then I decided to research the boomba a bit since there was such a long thread on it in this forum. I have to say...I might go with the boomba. The ease of installation and the fact that it's weighted might have sold me.

I've never modified a shifter so i'm sure any mod will be an improvement to me.

Thanks again Auditech.

Sorry if I've sidetracked this thread a bit...