GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior Wiping

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Hi all.

Two things:
1) anyone have recommendation of type of rag to keep in the cabin to wipe the faux "carbon" trim with that wont scratch it ending up looking like shit? Suede lens cloth, etc?
2) did the center flip up door in the center console have a blotchy, for lack of a better term, in some spot on the face of the door? I flipped mine down for the first time since really owning it and noticed this.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I use a microfiber towel and some Honda spray cleaner/polish (stuff is amazing).
It's designed for motorcycles, but is great for cleaning anything & everything

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
I use 480 GSM microfiber towels for trim/dash/sill plates and Chemical guys VRP.

Carpro suede microfiber towels with Meguiers Quick Interior Detailer on my touch screen and gauge cluster.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
I use a microfibre mop fur just getting rid of the dust.

and a microfibre cloth for cleaning the interior glass.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Hi all.

Two things:
1) anyone have recommendation of type of rag to keep in the cabin to wipe the faux "carbon" trim with that wont scratch it ending up looking like shit? Suede lens cloth, etc?
2) did the center flip up door in the center console have a blotchy, for lack of a better term, in some spot on the face of the door? I flipped mine down for the first time since really owning it and noticed this.

One of the fluffy hand Swiffer dusters.
Fold and store.
Light dusting on the dash.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
One of the fluffy hand Swiffer dusters.
Fold and store.
Light dusting on the dash.

I kept one of those in my last GTI, but I am very weary about scratches on the faux since there's so much. The rougher Swiffer strips amongst the fluff has me going another route.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
I use 480 GSM microfiber towels for trim/dash/sill plates and Chemical guys VRP.

Carpro suede microfiber towels with Meguiers Quick Interior Detailer on my touch screen and gauge cluster.

Figured suede would be the way to go. Was thinking 303 for the dash... what's your take?

DanJoy

Ready to race!
I use both. 1Z cockpit is an interior cleaning product, 303 Aerospace is for UV protection. I've never tried using 303 on a dusty dash so I'm not sure if it works well for that.