GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Even worth complaining to VWOA?

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
So, not to get into the gritty details, but my dealership experience has been awful since day 1. I am surprised I had the patience to even see it through to delivery let alone continue dealing with these clowns.

After many issues, hassles, lies, etc. I thought I was out of the woods. All that is left is for them to do is install fog lights on my Sport that was part of the deal we made. Well, a month later, and they won't even return my numerous calls/voicemails.

Is it worth even complaining to VWOA? Will they even do anything? I wrote a very nice 2 page letter documenting the countless issues I had with that location (including dates/names) in hopes that they take notice and step in.

As for taking care of the current fog light issue, I am now forced to take time away from work to go to these morons in person tomorrow and try to force them to take the car for the install. We'll see how that goes....

What do you guys think?

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
If you have the "deal" about the fog lights in writing then its worth contacting VWoA but if not they cant help with that.

As for the dealerships performance its worth filing a complaint but dont expect much.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
If you have the "deal" about the fog lights in writing then its worth contacting VWoA but if not they cant help with that.

As for the dealerships performance its worth filing a complaint but dont expect much.

Yes, it was written in the original agreement when I put down my deposit. I have a copy.

Have you spoke to the manager of the dealership in person? That would be my first move.

Several times in person. I expressed my frustration to this guy who blamed it on a transitioning management team, the salesman, etc but assured me no further issues would arise.

He is the one who is setting up the install and told me to contact him directly. Ya, 3 weeks of unanswered voicemails have passed...

To say I'm frustrated is an understatement. I've been nothing but patient and understanding with these clowns despite countless fuck ups. I left an angry voicemail for him today emphasizing that my patience is up. I also sent the letter out but not expecting much. Just let me vent.

What would u guys do if they continue to brush me off? Lawyer? I'm not eating this cost. Am already doing that to correct the swirl marks they made despite me telling them not to touch the car upon delivery :mad:

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
If you have the "we owe" document that they were supposed to give you at time of delivery, you could take that to VWoA. In general though, you can call the customer care line with ANY issues you have with your dealer. Auditors can make random visits even if they get enough complaints from people in the area. You have some push. Fog light issue aside, a dealer that lies, cheats, ripsoff, etc. NEEDS to be reported to VWoA. That is bad business, and they are representing the brand. I was told that even though I was a Ganley Auto Group employee who was flatrate, I represented the brand and need to conduct myself as such.

Guys, I am very concerned with the amount of bad dealer experienced I am hearing about on here. It is troubling. In my opinion, a dealer should be the first place you want to go. But it is the exact opposite. Mostly to the dealers own doing. It is a DAMN SHAME!

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Since you spoke to the dealer already, contact VWOA and explain the situation. I took had swirl problems with my car, but I didn't bother going back to the dealer because even if they would try to fix it, it'd end up worse.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
If you have the "we owe" document that they were supposed to give you at time of delivery, you could take that to VWoA. In general though, you can call the customer care line with ANY issues you have with your dealer. Auditors can make random visits even if they get enough complaints from people in the area. You have some push. Fog light issue aside, a dealer that lies, cheats, ripsoff, etc. NEEDS to be reported to VWoA. That is bad business, and they are representing the brand. I was told that even though I was a Ganley Auto Group employee who was flatrate, I represented the brand and need to conduct myself as such.

Give me a "we owe you" document? These guys couldn't get the purchase and sales agreement right! It was a 4 day ordeal of long periods of silence on their end and pissed off visits by me to get them to correct their stupid mistakes and send the paperwork to my insurance/credit union on that one mess up alone. Incompetence to the highest degree. I do have the fogs in writing from when I put down the deposit as I refused to sign until it was on paper along with no holes in the bumpers.

Like I said, I'm usually extremely patient and forgiving with people, especially when I see they're trying to make a living. But come on, enough is enough.

:( I am unhappy with you....

If you were nearby I'd be happy to assist you with your swirls and your fig light install.

Thank you for your understanding. Its crazy, we work so hard to make money, it shouldn't be this hard to spend it!

Since you spoke to the dealer already, contact VWOA and explain the situation. I took had swirl problems with my car, but I didn't bother going back to the dealer because even if they would try to fix it, it'd end up worse.

Ya, I threw a little jab about the swirl marks in my letter but it is not something I want them to correct. My main complaint was the things they lied about and their awful communication. Like you said, they would end up making it worse. I don't mind biting the bullet on that one, but no way in hell I'm paying for LED fogs when they were promised to me.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
I would call VWOA. Curious, which is the dealership?

Ya, just sent out the letter and will be calling them when I get home.

Tbh, I should have listened to my gut and walked out the first time I stepped in that place. Something was just not right. Very sketchy people working there. I was greeted to these sketchbags smoking as a group outside the FRONT DOOR the second time I visited! Talk about professional.

I want to get this sorted out with them first before putting their name on blast as I don't want any retaliatory crap done to my car when they have it. Ya, they're that sketchy, their google reviews say it all. That will be the last time I step foot in there. All services, warranty work, etc will be given to the dealership I SHOULD HAVE bought the car from, which was fairly professional and one of the biggest GTI dealers in the northeast.

Sometimes, to save 500-1000 bucks while supporting a local dealer, it just isn't worth it. Lesson learned...

To anyone looking to buy/service a VW in MA, pm me and I will tell you who they are. Once this gets sorted out (hopefully this week), you better believe that I will be making it clear on the forum who these clowns are.

Last edited:

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
I would just put the fog lights in myself and give em a shit review online and go about my day.

So, eat another $400 + install (so, say $500 total), on top of the $200 paint correction (which is a steal in this area for the work the guy is doing)? Plus lose the 3yr warranty on the fogs? Why should I let them get off the hook that easy?

Sure, its a headache, but I refuse to eat this one. For both the money and principle. I'll happily take that 500 bucks and spend it on other mods knowing it didn't get wasted because of them.

Stickman

Passed Driver's Ed
I was puzzled by the lack of fog lamps on the Sport and thought that with the super zoomie Bi-Xenon yadda yadda they would be included but obviously not. Which leads me to the question, are they even needed with the lighting package in the event of fog? I have no way of checking this as the number of times we see fog in SoCal is next to zero. So for other than aesthetic reasons are they even needed if you have the LP?

As far as the dealer giving you the slow shuffle goes, they possibly had an "Oh Crap" moment when they discovered they may have to replace the whole front fascia, change the wiring and install a new switch etc, etc. The salesman that agreed to that deal may be on a boat to Siberia now. You may want to forget this and love what you have. Just saying.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
So, eat another $400 + install (so, say $500 total), on top of the $200 paint correction (which is a steal in this area for the work the guy is doing)? Plus lose the 3yr warranty on the fogs? Why should I let them get off the hook that easy?

Sure, its a headache, but I refuse to eat this one. For both the money and principle. I'll happily take that 500 bucks and spend it on other mods knowing it didn't get wasted because of them.

There is no way I would fold on the light issue. I would dog 'em until they installed those lights perfectly, no matter how much they tried to dodge their responsibility. You actually have a legal issue, and you could take 'em to small claims court. Since you've got paperwork, you've already won. The Judge will force them to perform...in legal jargon, it's called "Specific Performance". You don't need a lawyer.

The Judge may even make them pay all court costs- depends on the laws in your city/state. Of course, this is all a big hassle. You'd probably have to take off work, not to mention filling out crap to get the ball rolling. But I'd go thru it just for satisfaction, if a scumbag dealer tried to stiff me on this type of issue. Getting the swirl fixed might be tougher, I dunno. Maybe the dealer installs and you avoid all this, or they pay you cash.

If not, it's your call. But I sure know what I'd do, because I've done it before, and it feels great to beat a crook who was trying to weasel out. There's also a good chance if the dealer got a subpoena they would call you and agree to install your lights. Just make sure they install first, and your happy with it. THEN cancel the court date.