GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GIAC IS38 GTI VS Hellcat

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Rematch vs the hellcat from my other video. Much much closer, in fact he can't pass me until the very top of 4th gear shifting into 5th. This is just the Beta file as well. Your first taste of what the GIAC IS38 file will do.

GarabinS1

Ready to race!
Much much closer? He literally blew the tires off for half of the clip, and once he got traction walked right past. Let's not kid ourselves here, is38 swapped GTIs are quick from a roll, they can hang with cars that trap up to 120mph, but not cars trapping closing to 130 like the fatcat.

Do a 60 roll, and see what happens.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Much much closer? He literally blew the tires off for half of the clip, and once he got traction walked right past. Let's not kid ourselves here, is38 swapped GTIs are quick from a roll, they can hang with cars that trap up to 120mph, but not cars trapping closing to 130 like the fatcat.

Do a 60 roll, and see what happens.

Blew the tires off? What? He told me he had traction, it was a great day. Yeah he would beat me from a 60 roll just like he beat me from a 35. Give credit where it is due man. Here is the stock turbo race, guess he only blows his tires of when it is a nicer day out and he is racing an IS38 car.

GarabinS1

Ready to race!
Coming from a Fbo is38 swapped GTI, it's just hard to believe that you're pulling away from a supercharged v8 that produced 700hp/650tq at ininital hit. 35mph is such a low roll that there is no way he isn't spinning hard. The time before he starts blowing past is either from him being in the wrong gear, spinning, or both. Just look at how fast he passes you while you're at WOT, what was going on before that? Supercharger lag?

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Coming from a Fbo is38 swapped GTI, it's just hard to believe that you're pulling away from a supercharged v8 that produced 700hp/650tq at ininital hit. 35mph is such a low roll that there is no way he isn't spinning hard. The time before he starts blowing past is either from him being in the wrong gear, spinning, or both. Just look at how fast he passes you while you're at WOT, what was going on before that? Supercharger lag?

Compare both videos, that's all I have to say to you.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
If you do the calculations, the power/weight ratio isn't that far off between the two cars:

4,400lbs. / 707hp = 6.22lbs/hp
3,100lbs / 420hp = 7.38lbs/hp

As crazy as this sounds, with the Hellcat weighing 1300lbs more gives these little GTI's a fighting chance.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
If you do the calculations, the power/weight ratio isn't that far off between the two cars:

4,400lbs. / 707hp = 6.22lbs/hp
3,100lbs / 420hp = 7.38lbs/hp

As crazy as this sounds, with the Hellcat weighing 1300lbs more gives these little GTI's a fighting chance.

And mine is 2950 on the scale with half a tank of fuel. Raw power becomes more important than power to weight as speed increases and aero drag takes over as the key factor to overcome, which is why good power to weight cars will lose to cars with more power overall as the speed increases, we did a few more races late last night and actually this was the best result for him of all of them. Always the same, he always passes me around 120mph regardless of what mph we start at.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Nice race! Was your car using meth?
And wth is the GIAC file? Its sounds like an area 51 file.

Euro Tech

Ready to race!
Nice race! Was your car using meth?
And wth is the GIAC file? Its sounds like an area 51 file.

93 octane pump gas only, no meth or anything crazy. GIAC is a VW/Audi BMW and Porsche tuner, they have been around a long long time. They have the record for MK6 K04 1/4 mile times.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
And mine is 2950 on the scale with half a tank of fuel. Raw power becomes more important than power to weight as speed increases and aero drag takes over as the key factor to overcome, which is why good power to weight cars will lose to cars with more power overall as the speed increases, we did a few more races late last night and actually this was the best result for him of all of them. Always the same, he always passes me around 120mph regardless of what mph we start at.

Ah yeah, you're right :D

Nice results though. These little cars are a hoot! I'd never drive a Hellcat simply because it weighs more than my wife's BMW X3. I'm not too crazy about straight line speed. I'm more about the twisties.

My car is about 2950lbs also, but that should be full tank for me since I'm in a 2016 GTI S with a manual.

Venumous

Ready to race!

No such thing as lag on a twin screw blower bro.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Don't you just love the IS38? You can feel it still making power at 6,000 haha