GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gtijake's Drone Free Turboback Thread

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I think any combo of longer bodied resonator and straight through muffler will produce good results, I just picked these two for there 304L stainless steel construction. Idk about their cat back, but the mufflers MF sells individually are 409 stainless which rusts worse than aluminized steel

Please read ^^^^^

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
It would be a PITA, but you could source a Golf 1.8 valence, which would likely require a Golf bumper...or try to retrofit if you have skillz. I have no idea if it would even work without the stock Golf bumper, but someone might trade you for a GTI setup.

It's a direct bolt on, no difference between the golf and gti bumper. But again, I'd like to see a single exit...the golf TSI is NOT single, but dual tips on the same side

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
Given that the exhaust was on the car for about 6 months and only went through about 2 months of winter I'm pretty disappointed.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I totally misread that lol, I thought you were saying it didn't rust. My bad (internet got me)

On the bright side while 409 may look rusty quick, it will still be structurally sound for years to come. I just feel bad that manufacturers give the misleading impression it won't rust.

USP, MF, and others simply say it's "stainless" for a reason. A more reputable company like AWE gives full disclosure "304L stainless steel" aka the good stuff. Marketing tactics, tell it all if it's good, short n sweet if it's not

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
I totally misread that lol, I thought you were saying it didn't rust. My bad (internet got me)

On the bright side while 409 may look rusty quick, it will still be structurally sound for years to come. I just feel bad that manufacturers give the misleading impression it won't rust.

USP, MF, and others simply say it's "stainless" for a reason. A more reputable company like AWE gives full disclosure "304L stainless steel" aka the good stuff. Marketing tactics, tell it all if it's good, short n sweet if it's not

Oh yeah, it did rust a lot for the short amount of time it was on my car. I'm glad to hear the metal is sounds structurally despite looking like ass! I have to sand it, prime it, and rust proof paint it now...

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
It's just surface rust right and doesn't affect the metal structurally like the stock exhaust systems metal? Are the tips at least 304 or plated so it isn't showing signs of rust? There is a reason I guess why MF can be had for so cheap compared to other systems out there. I'm probably going to pick one up still though.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!
You could also look into having it ceramic coated? I'm not sure what that would cost tho

I had my DP ceramic coated and I love it! It would be really expensive for the complete exhaust ceramic coated and I don't know if it's possible to do after surface rust has already started to develop.

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I have the CTS TURBO old style 3 inch turbo back exhaust that only had the rear suitcase muffler and straight pipes every where else. It was super loud and droned alot. They have since revised the exhaust and made some changes to it. I was about to sell the catback part of the exhaust, but figured i'd give the Vibrant 17950 a try as a last resort.

All i can say is THANK YOU Gti jake for recommending the Vibrant 17950. It has saved my eardrums. Love the sound of my exhaust so much better now. Still has the extra growl but more refined.

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
I have the CTS TURBO old style 3 inch turbo back exhaust that only had the rear suitcase muffler and straight pipes every where else. It was super loud and droned alot. They have since revised the exhaust and made some changes to it. I was about to sell the catback part of the exhaust, but figured i'd give the Vibrant 17950 a try as a last resort.

All i can say is THANK YOU Gti jake for recommending the Vibrant 17950. It has saved my eardrums. Love the sound of my exhaust so much better now. Still has the extra growl but more refined.

No more boom? Did you take a video of the new setup?

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
No more boom? Did you take a video of the new setup?

I do not have a before video but i can take an after. It is significantly quieter than before. It is not silent (but why put an exhaust on if you want a silent car) but I will not be selling the exhaust anymore.

What kindof video do you want and I can take some this weekend.

my exhaust: Catted CTS Turbo back exhaust. Vibrant resonator and suitcase muffler are the only things in line. I do not have that second muffler that the new CTS exhausts have.