GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Amiroquai

BKS's "US" version is the Euro version but no rear fog.

When BKS says "US Version" they probably mean the wiring (harness). This is the same with Audiamant. The tails are still the Euro tails.

The US FL tails are visually different than the Euro ones, not just in terms of wiring. There was a discussion about this on the Vortex forums and someone had uploaded an image.

Last edited:

LFTMON

Ready to race!

Top US bottom Euro?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCR-R

Ready to race!
When BKS says "US Version" they probably mean the wiring (harness). This is the same with Audiamant. The tails are still the Euro tails.

The US FL tails are visually different than the Euro ones, not just in terms of wiring. There was a discussion about this on the Vortex forums and someone had uploaded an image.

I emailed them asking that's why I made that post... same item past number as in the first couple pages for the one with no fog.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
That's really interesting. That will be a shame if that's the case. I know a lot of people are looking forward to the dynamic euros.
Assuming they still didn't dot approve them like on the mk6.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

bluedoggiant

Go Kart Newbie
They will not be approved. The turn signal is less than 1" in height. That's the regulation.

Also LED light needs to be emitted from the side of the unit.

Jondar

Ready to race!
If you guys order from cars245 and get a confirmed delivery date, let us know. I find it hard to believe that cars245 will be able to get them faster than eacca, since they both get them from the same source.

I e-mailed cars245 and received confirmation of a July 20,2017 ship date. Apparently part #5G0945208G, which is the LED right outer light is on backorder until then. Everything else is ready to ship. I placed my order on 6/23/17.

Crild

Drag Race Newbie
I e-mailed cars245 and received confirmation of a July 20,2017 ship date. Apparently part #5G0945208G, which is the LED right outer light is on backorder until then. Everything else is ready to ship. I placed my order on 6/23/17.
Just hope the part isnt delayed. One got delayed out another 2 weeks when i was ordering.

Thats the same part # that i was waiting on as well.

Jondar

Ready to race!
Just hope the part isnt delayed. One got delayed out another 2 weeks when i was ordering.

Thats the same part # that i was waiting on as well.

Hopefully not. I will e-mail them again as it gets closer to that ship date.

Jersh1

I'm still working my way through this thread so I apologize if all of this has been asked, but do you guys see this becoming a tougher thing to do later on in time? I see a lot of parts are still back ordered/delayed, but do you think it's because the car is so new in Europe right now? I really don't want to risk missing out on these lights especially if they aren't going to be on the US facelift models.

takemorepills

Ready to race!
They will not be approved. The turn signal is less than 1" in height. That's the regulation.

Also LED light needs to be emitted from the side of the unit.

Audi has US cars with dynamic LED tails that have the same proportions as the VW units.

VW won't bring them here to maintain brand separation, not because of DOT

Jondar

Ready to race!
I'm still working my way through this thread so I apologize if all of this has been asked, but do you guys see this becoming a tougher thing to do later on in time? I see a lot of parts are still back ordered/delayed, but do you think it's because the car is so new in Europe right now? I really don't want to risk missing out on these lights especially if they aren't going to be on the US facelift models.

Without definite proof, its all speculation. If price is your determining factor in whether you haven't bought them, I would consider that the OEM 7.0 Euro LEDS haven't gone down by much since its release. I don't see the price for 7.5 light assembly going down anytime soon as well. What you will see is more than one harness being released into market, which at that time the price for the harness will become more competitive. All in all, you may save money later, it's a matter of how badly you want them. This was basically my line of reasoning for buying them. Hope this helps.