Drag Race Newbie
Here is a good indication how cold they are:

Attachments

• IMG_6542.JPG
    IMG_6542.JPG
    237.6 KB · Views: 1,410

jacincm

Ready to race!
Silver is obviously the best but nothing beats copper from a cost-benefit analysis in terms of conductivity. Copper plated with silver is the way to go imo

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Silver is obviously the best but nothing beats copper from a cost-benefit analysis in terms of conductivity. Copper plated with silver is the way to go imo
I used to use NGK V-Power plugs for my Hondas. They were great plugs for very little money. I think I recall them being $15 or so for a set of 4 plugs.

I believe that they used copper cores.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Yep, I've always used coppers in my other cars. My 3000gt I use $2/plug coppers and change them out with each oil change. This is the first time I've tried silver's and definitely like them :)

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
This is how one looks after around 10-15k miles. Didn't really pay attention on what mileage they were installed on. I also don't remember what they were gapped at originally but the new ones are between .025-.030 according to a quick check I did on them before installing. Gap appeared to have increased to around .040 so looks like it would be a good idea to check and adjust them every 5k miles.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Good to know. I'll check mine tomorrow since I plan on changing my oil :) only 4k on my plugs