GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Burger Tuning JB4 Golf 1.8TSI MQB specific information thread

Ironshade

Go Kart Newbie
5mt ultimate transmission for drag strip. Long gearing with low end tq make for killer combo. This isnt a car with rpm baised power added, aka super charged, centerfugial charger, or an all motor set up where power is at top of gear(where you want short gearing. In all reality if you take a 5mt to the strip only shift twice. 1-2 2-3 shift. If you've seen my races with bolt on 2jz supra, built motor FPBlue STI, Built motor FBO EWG sti and others. You'll notice we do 50 rolls. i never shift. Brake boost low gear and rocket out. I've got 40k miles on car now. 30k with is20 on it and lots and lots of brake boosting on stock clutch and so far so good. I' going is38, r injectors custom SMS dyno tune soon and (may stack may not stack) not sure what i'll see when I get it tuned . Get ready to see a 1.8t sportswagen push 116+mph traps. Hell apr is38 ots tune (no stack) 4 motoin sportwagen just went 12.2 @112mph. Thats 200-300lbs heavier car with more drivetrain loss and less power when what my minivan about to make. Doubt E.T will be quick but idc i'm a roll ricer lmao

Last edited:

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
5mt ultimate transmission for drag strip. Long gearing with low end tq make for killer combo. This isnt a car with rpm baised power added, aka super charged, centerfugial charger, or an all motor set up where power is at top of gear(where you want short gearing. In all reality if you take a 5mt to the strip only shift twice. 1-2 2-3 shift. If you've seen my races with bolt on 2jz supra, built motor FPBlue STI, Built motor FBO EWG sti and others. You'll notice we do 50 rolls. i never shift. Brake boost low gear and rocket out. I've got 40k miles on car now. 30k with is20 on it and lots and lots of brake boosting on stock clutch and so far so good. I' going is38, r injectors custom SMS dyno tune soon and (may stack may not stack) not sure what i'll see when I get it tuned . Get ready to see a 1.8t sportswagen push 116+mph traps. Hell apr is38 ots tune (no stack) 4 motoin sportwagen just went 12.2 @112mph. Thats 200-300lbs heavier car with more drivetrain loss and less power when what my minivan about to make. Doubt E.T will be quick but idc i'm a roll ricer lmao
vid for 4motion is38 12.2s?

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
This may be a weird question, but here goes..

Since there's only two wires on the OBD plug, has anyone considered hard wiring these directly to the appropriate wires on the port harness, thereby freeing up the port for a bluetooth dongle for Torque, or another OBD app?

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
That log was in map 4...

mattkime

Passed Driver's Ed
new logs at Map 2, 4, and 6 - https://datazap.me/u/mattkime/ (flip through the different csv's in each log)

There's room for improvement but i hope i'm finally producing useful logs.

I thiiiiink things look good but it would be nice to get some verification and recommendation for next steps.

map 6 is running -

1500 - 11
2000 - 12
2500 - 13
3000 - 13
3500 - 14
4000 - 16
4500 - 17
5000 - 16
5500 - 14
6000 - 13
6500 - 12
7000 - 12

boost safety - 20
FOL - 60

Last edited:

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Switch through the logs there's 3 of them in that link

Whaaaa? I didn't know you could do that. How do I switch through them?

EDIT: Figured out, upper left.

mattkime

Passed Driver's Ed
The circular arrow bit next to the file name.

This is used if you upload two or three logs in one go.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Alright, looked through the logs. Overall it seems there is just a bit of timing drop and correction all around, so you are right on the limit of your setup. I noticed in both of your map 6 logs right around 2300-2400rpm you have a big timing drop and in the 2nd one there is a boost curve very characteristic of a boost spike (there was a go fast Brett on it).

I would dial back the boost at 2000 and 2500 rpm a bit.

mattkime

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh, some observations from my last outing -

pushing the shifter to the right in my dsg leaves shifting in manual, making it _much_ easier to control which ear i'm in. I think it stops you from doing anything too dumb.

The gas pedal - I noticed that there's a different feel between not quite all the way down and all the way down. Anyone else notice this? why is it there?

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
i just set it as this and ill test tomorrow.
1500 12
2000 13
2500 15
3000 19
3500 20
4000 20
4500 17
5000 17
5500 16
6000 15
6500 15
7000 15

boost failsafe 23 PSI
Max boost 1st 15
Max boost 2nd 19 (before this was set as 0 )
Max boost 3rd 0

Also pulling time always bad? , i see a max of like 1.2 on ign2 sometimes, is that considered bad?, i know 0 is the best to see , Im understanding the numbers more.
Also , im requesting 20 PSI on my settings but the log says only 19 PSI, won't it be better to change to 19 PSI on the settings? is it not targeting 20 PSI like it should, is it protecting the engine or something?

Last edited:

ChrisTSI

Ready to race!
I was bored and found this online virtualdyno.net lol , seems like kinda close lol. log 21 is stock map, and log 19 was a 17 PSI map.