GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Test: New Sun Visor LEDs for your MK7

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I'd be down. I've had your bulbs in my car since the first week of ownership.

Klaus1

Sun Visor LED

Hey guys! Klaus Here! Really excited to be showing you the new Sun Visor in the following couple of days. Pics and much more to come :D

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
You advertise visor LED's now.
Is this a new style? What is different?
You also mentioned developing front and rear seat LED upgrades. Also in red and maybe blue. I think you did an Intersst poll. Any info on this?

Yes, it is sun visors that are LED boards that replace the current LED sun visors in the MK7. From our testing it is a complete plug and play LED but we always like to get customers on the forums to also test.

We have the front domes in production still but the rear domes cannot be replaced.

A lot of testing and money goes into these so they do take a lot of time to bring to market, no one else is doing this but our company.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks. Just want to hear an update. Had not heard about it in a while.
How about taking on this project.
The MK7 does not have an underhood light like some cars. How about an LED lighting kit (red, white or blue) or changeable. That comes on with hood open or one the owner can turn on. Maybe on a timer should they forget when closed. (Getting little complicated).
I would be interested and think others would like. Would be nice for a car meet or show.
Make it bright.

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks. Just want to hear an update. Had not heard about it in a while.
How about taking on this project.
The MK7 does not have an underhood light like some cars. How about an LED lighting kit (red, white or blue) or changeable. That comes on with hood open or one the owner can turn on. Maybe on a timer should they forget when closed. (Getting little complicated).
I would be interested and think others would like. Would be nice for a car meet or show.
Make it bright.

I'd be interested in upgraded front domes. Why is it that the rears can't be replaced?

Mentioned before but has been a while.
Either the bulb holder is a sealed or non replaceable unit or an issue with getting the housing kit. I think the first reason was it.

We are looking into underhood LEDs but the biggest challenge is the heat produced by the engine and having LEDs exposed under the hood.

The front domes have pcb boards that can be replaced easily.

The rear is a complete housing meaning if that goes out you have to buy the entire rear dome housing from VW to replace a damaged/out light. Poor design by VW and we are unable to make a housing like this, if it was a pcb board like the front domes or sun visors we could.

We are making the front dome as many like to have red or a brighter white.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
If you can add an integrated homelink module to one of the visors you will sell lots if them. Outside of that I can't ever see spending money on the LED on the sun visors. My wife uses it once a month and brighter light will only make her obsess more.

Last edited:

GLoBaLReBeL

Ready to race!
One thing that blows my mind on this car . . where the hell is the garage door button?!? How could they forget to add this to the infotainment system.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
We are looking into underhood LEDs but the biggest challenge is the heat produced by the engine and having LEDs exposed under the hood.

The front domes have pcb boards that can be replaced easily.

The rear is a complete housing meaning if that goes out you have to buy the entire rear dome housing from VW to replace a damaged/out light. Poor design by VW and we are unable to make a housing like this, if it was a pcb board like the front domes or sun visors we could.

We are making the front dome as many like to have red or a brighter white.

Which is this thread about?
Title is visor but you mention some.
I think you are developing the center front dome correct?
The ones most of us use daily. This new LED in red or blue would light interior.

Last edited:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
If you can add an integrated homelink module to one of the visors you will sell lots if them. Outside of that I can't ever see spending money on the LED on the sun visors. My wife uses it once a month and brighter light will only make her obsess more.

One thing that blows my mind on this car . . where the hell is the garage door button?!? How could they forget to add this to the infotainment system.

Which is this thread about?
Title is visor but you mentione some.
I think you are developing the center front dome correct?
The ones most of us use daily. This new LED in red or blue would light interior.

We were just answering your question, the thread is about our sun visors but we also have dome lights in the work.

Brighter sun visors are wanted for a variety of reasons, one being more light to look for anything you drop, have them open door car meets, show off, it makes you happy etc. We honestly have a lot of request for sun visors and they are a popular seller.

We will have a group buy price after testing is complete so we can get some orders in.

They will be $24.99 gb pricing and $34.99 final price, we will try to get the cost down after we see the interest but making a custom led bulb with the correct resistor setup and bright diodes does not come cheap!