GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CLOUT's MK7 GTI Sport

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Definitely like that shiftboot better.

Do you plan on going all out with the weight reduction? Looking forward to more clubsport stuff!

Thanks, same here! Can't wait to get my hands on a clubsport steering wheel, though I will wait till next year to purchase. Wife has noticed me lately spending more time on the forums and webstores looking for parts :D

Not planning to go all out with weight reduction due to the GTI being my daily and my 2yr old is usually with me later on in the day. Trying to keep NVH to a minimum.

SouthbayMK7

Ready to race!
Where did you get the shifter from? Is the only difference the shift pattern font? Any difference in weight?

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Where did you get the shifter from? Is the only difference the shift pattern font? Any difference in weight?

User: Aachener-Autoteile on Ebay

On the knob, yes the shift pattern font, boot is alcantara vs leather. Doesn't seem any different in weight.

Have a Dieselgeek sigma 6 waiting to be installed when I find the time, that should help with the feel and throw.

Also have a APR Cast downpipe on the way and a Burger JB4 with Bluetooth coming in, Xmas presents to myself.

Last edited:

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Thank you, I have not, was planning to do it when I installed my short shifter. Did it make a big difference?

Do it! :D

I removed the diaphragm, bored out the bleeder block with a drill, swapped for a stainless steel clutch line, and removed the pedal assist spring. Feels so much better. At the very least the spring and bleeder diaphragm are worth it. IMO.

RadioFlyer

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GSX-Rs
Thank you, I have not, was planning to do it when I installed my short shifter. Did it make a big difference?

Yep, huge difference.
I want to replace the rubber line and accumulator one of these days.

Do it! :D

I removed the diaphragm, bored out the bleeder block with a drill, swapped for a stainless steel clutch line, and removed the pedal assist spring. Feels so much better. At the very least the spring and bleeder diaphragm are worth it. IMO.

IIRC, there is another plastic block [clutch accumulator] at the firewall that can be deleted when replacing the clutch line.

Found and linked your thread.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Subscribed for updates.

Great choice in color too! Pure white is one of the best colors for the GTI :cool:
But hey, I'm biased :D

nicholam77

Go Kart Champion
Yep, huge difference.
I want to replace the rubber line and accumulator one of these days.

IIRC, there is another plastic block [clutch accumulator] at the firewall that can be deleted when replacing the clutch line.

Found and linked your thread.

Ah, yes. I never got rid of the accumulator because my KMD line wasn't long enough. Installing the line was my 3rd time bleeding the system and I just didn't feel like ordering a longer one and doing it all over again. But... a little part of me wonders if getting rid of it would be that last 10% to make it feel perfect.

nicholam77 + RadioFlyer, thanks guys! Will order the KMD parts today.

Fyi KMD's line is great, but if you do want to bypass and remove the accumulator make sure you specify you want the "longer version" of their line as otherwise it will likely be too short.

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Ah, yes. I never got rid of the accumulator because my KMD line wasn't long enough. Installing the line was my 3rd time bleeding the system and I just didn't feel like ordering a longer one and doing it all over again. But... a little part of me wonders if getting rid of it would be that last 10% to make it feel perfect.

Fyi KMD's line is great, but if you do want to bypass and remove the accumulator make sure you specify you want the "longer version" of their line as otherwise it will likely be too short.

So I ended up with a cancelling my order and getting a refund from KMD this morning since they didn't ship out anything yet. They were very nice to deal with and issued the refund right away. I decided to just go with the ECS Ultimate Clutch Pedal Upgrade Kit for the MK7. Hopefully works just as good.