GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tyrolsport "Lockdex"

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Hi guys.
I am hearing some rumors about Tyrolsport is developing something called the "Lockdex" I have understood its for the Haldex system but could be wrong.
Have any other here seen or read anything about it?

Thanks

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
"For all of you Haldex owners, follow us on social media for the latest information on our ground-breaking Lockdex, to be released in 2017."

Obviously they want to keep it a secret. I wouldn't buy it because they're in effect saying you're not worthy of knowing what it is. I'm guessing its expensive.

Last edited:

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
Probably hardware piece that adds locking to the Haldex to alter the ratio (for "oversteery" behavior?) They should do it for VAQ, there's a big demand there too for added fun.
Best speculation though goes to locking the Haldex in place onto the chassis with a bracket and some bolts.

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Make it "over steer" would be great ��

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
Even if you weld the clutches together you'll never get more than 50% of the power to the rear wheels.

You could change the ratio on the diff!
But now I am just dreaming

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
Even if you weld the clutches together you'll never get more than 50% of the power to the rear wheels.
I couldn't imagine how awful it would be to have a spool in a FWD or AWD vehicle.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I couldn't imagine how awful it would be to have a spool in a FWD or AWD vehicle.

I just don't see what their product can possibly do for us. Our Haldex reacts in milliseconds. In Sport mode the clutches apply on deceleration. What more can you ask for? Well, mechanically locking front and rear diffs but that has nothing to do with the center diff.

IF I would see any need improving things I'd do both front and rear
differentials first. But even that is a matter which comes way after
tires, dampers, sway bars and suspension bushes. Anyways a Golf R
isn't an offroad vehicle requiring full-lock differentials all around and
it will never be.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Easy, remove those suckas. Weight reduction bro :cool:

I thought of that. You would need to get another set of axles (if you want to preserve the originals), break the CV joints near the hubs, and machine the stumps and balance them. I think. Then you can remove the Haldex and have a driveshaft made to bridge the gap. You'll need to code out at least the AWD. After all this expense you'll be rewarded with...a slower car.