GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Euro tails, finally!

amancuso

Ready to race!
In my quest for something different, I decided to choose the "Euro/ROW" incandescent tails, utilizing LED bulbs from deAutokey.

I sourced the harness from a forum member (not sure if I can name names), and the tails (outers) came from an ebay seller rar-parts-store.
When checking out the tails, I had to be sure they were the correct tinted tails to match my NA spec inners .

I now have separate amber turn signals along with the rear fog. :D This is how it should have come to begin with!

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Very cool?

sent using Pide Piper middle out compression app

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
hmmmmmmmmm......... the tails look just like mine!!!!!!!!!

Maybe you can make them do this using the instructions HERE

Don

takemorepills

Ready to race!
I bought the harness from a forum member. I believe the channel for the outers now controls indicators, and the inners are split to handle inner and outer. 1 of the reverse lights handles the rear fog, and the other is split to illuminate both reverse bulbs.
Is the harness something that is commercially available or a one-off?

Also, do all 4 of your tails light up as brakes now?

Tatanko

Ready to race!
Even though I looooove my LED tails, I have to give props for doing something different. Agreed that these are the tails NA should have had from the beginning.

Bonus points for going all the way and getting the rear fog to work ;)

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
This is something I want to do. I like the NA tails better. I just want the amber turn signals and not using my brake light location.

Besides the rear foglight whats the difference in these tail lights compared to NA?

Last edited:

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
It will be interesting to see if the euro facelift tails are different, and if so, if they'll even fit as they might not even be the same size with the facelift. NAR will probably never get a facelifted Mk7, but the tails could be an interesting upgrade if they are the bar style rather than individual LEDs.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
bump. anyone know the difference?