GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Woah! Thanks for the info. Exactly the feedback I was looking for. Question is, besides the looks. Would you do it again? Is the performance benefits worth it?

The Eibach springs feel like a higher spring rate. So this helps body roll in turns.
The car is a lot of fun to drive but lighter wheels and summer tires also help this. Would I do again?
Some guys mention VWR springs being just like OE on ride. I find this hard to believe because when lowering you are taking 1-2 inches of travel out. The OE ride is sport like to begin with so take out 1 inch when lowering with the Pro Kit. The ride will change.
On a good road ride the Pro Kit rides very very well. If the road has dips you will now hug them and the GTI will drop with them like a roller coaster.
The ride is not as smooth when you hit expansion joint, poorly built entrance and exits to bridges, etc.

It is a sport improvement and a commitment you must make.
If you accept that then go for it.
If you want a smooth ride better than OE all the time keep looking.
Not sure if cool overs are better or not. Never ran them.
I like the look, like how it drives but know I have to slow for speed dumps more and watch for pot holes.
I also have DCC. At 51 I would not want a GTI without it. Lowered or not.
DCC does not make it a Cadillac but reduces the constant noise and vibration one would have stock. If you are under 25 lower it. If over 25 I hope you have DCC. My thoughts.
Eibach Pro Kit - I like it.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Agree with Sandman. I LOVE my VWR springs, but they're noticeably stiffer. But that shouldn't worry you if you want sport springs, a more aggressive stance or to lower wheel gap. Pros and cons to everything. But honestly, if you wanted a soft ride above all else you wouldn't get a performance hot hatch ;)

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
I remind myself that the same pot holes and expansion joints I slow down for with lowered springs I also slowed down when running OE springs.
The GTI has a sport suspension. It is something you work with.
If it was a Cadillac ride (older Cadillac) we would have to slow for all turns.
What fun would that be.;)

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Free bump. Here are mine installed:
Should have done this mod immediately. The car handles WAY BETTER. Barely any decrease in ride quality; in fact, none in my opinion. Car sits at the perfect height. Not too low (winters here) and not 4x4 either.

Attachments

• 40.jpg
    40.jpg
    802.7 KB · Views: 20,730

bk3318

I thought the performance benefit was worth it. The ride was not harsh at all. However, the drop was not low enough for me.

bk3318

Are the springs progressive, or linear? How much of a drop did you get with these? Also, will these work on a Golf TSi?

They are Linear, I believe they fit all MK7 but I would confirm the part numbers the ones I am selling are E10-85-041-01-22

It was a .5 inch drop but might be more for you since the R is lower.